Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An electrical fire sparked in a family's living room damaged a two-story house Wednesday.
Neighbors reported the fire at 2321 S. 800 East just after 2 p.m. Wednesday, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Fire crews arrived in minutes, spotting smoke and flames through a window in the home. No one was inside the house at the time of the fire.
Salt Lake City Building Services have yet to determine when the residents — a husband and wife with their young baby — will be able to re-occupy the home.
Fire damage was contained to the living room, although smoke and water damage occurred throughout the home, Asay said. About 25 firefighters battled the blaze. No damage estimate was available.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15