Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An electrical fire sparked in a family's living room damaged a two-story house Wednesday.
Neighbors reported the fire at 2321 S. 800 East just after 2 p.m. Wednesday, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Fire crews arrived in minutes, spotting smoke and flames through a window in the home. No one was inside the house at the time of the fire.
Salt Lake City Building Services have yet to determine when the residents — a husband and wife with their young baby — will be able to re-occupy the home.
Fire damage was contained to the living room, although smoke and water damage occurred throughout the home, Asay said. About 25 firefighters battled the blaze. No damage estimate was available.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Orem construction fire believed to be arson,...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15