Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An electrical fire sparked in a family's living room damaged a two-story house Wednesday.
Neighbors reported the fire at 2321 S. 800 East just after 2 p.m. Wednesday, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Fire crews arrived in minutes, spotting smoke and flames through a window in the home. No one was inside the house at the time of the fire.
Salt Lake City Building Services have yet to determine when the residents — a husband and wife with their young baby — will be able to re-occupy the home.
Fire damage was contained to the living room, although smoke and water damage occurred throughout the home, Asay said. About 25 firefighters battled the blaze. No damage estimate was available.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Utah artisan's handmade guitars gaining...
- Huntsville man with unreported history of...
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight with...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 70
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 16