Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An electrical fire sparked in a family's living room damaged a two-story house Wednesday.
Neighbors reported the fire at 2321 S. 800 East just after 2 p.m. Wednesday, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Fire crews arrived in minutes, spotting smoke and flames through a window in the home. No one was inside the house at the time of the fire.
Salt Lake City Building Services have yet to determine when the residents — a husband and wife with their young baby — will be able to re-occupy the home.
Fire damage was contained to the living room, although smoke and water damage occurred throughout the home, Asay said. About 25 firefighters battled the blaze. No damage estimate was available.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 12