TAYLORSVILLE — A national community college official will deliver the keynote address at Salt Lake Community College’s Professional Development Day.
Terry O’Banion will offer his speech titled "Student Success Pathway to Completion" Friday, Jan. 11, at 8:30 a.m at SLCC's Taylorsville Redwood Campus. SLCC Professional Development Day is scheduled for that day from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
O’Banion is president emeritus and senior league fellow of the League for Innovation in the Community College. He was president of the league for 23 years until his retirement. Under his leadership, the league became an international organization serving more than 700 colleges.
O’Banion has authored 14 books and more than 170 monographs, chapters and articles on community colleges. His 1997 book "A Learning College for the 21st Century" was awarded the Phillip E. Frandson Award for Literature in the Field of Continuing Higher Education.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14