TAYLORSVILLE — A national community college official will deliver the keynote address at Salt Lake Community College’s Professional Development Day.
Terry O’Banion will offer his speech titled "Student Success Pathway to Completion" Friday, Jan. 11, at 8:30 a.m at SLCC's Taylorsville Redwood Campus. SLCC Professional Development Day is scheduled for that day from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
O’Banion is president emeritus and senior league fellow of the League for Innovation in the Community College. He was president of the league for 23 years until his retirement. Under his leadership, the league became an international organization serving more than 700 colleges.
O’Banion has authored 14 books and more than 170 monographs, chapters and articles on community colleges. His 1997 book "A Learning College for the 21st Century" was awarded the Phillip E. Frandson Award for Literature in the Field of Continuing Higher Education.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9