TAYLORSVILLE — A national community college official will deliver the keynote address at Salt Lake Community College’s Professional Development Day.
Terry O’Banion will offer his speech titled "Student Success Pathway to Completion" Friday, Jan. 11, at 8:30 a.m at SLCC's Taylorsville Redwood Campus. SLCC Professional Development Day is scheduled for that day from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
O’Banion is president emeritus and senior league fellow of the League for Innovation in the Community College. He was president of the league for 23 years until his retirement. Under his leadership, the league became an international organization serving more than 700 colleges.
O’Banion has authored 14 books and more than 170 monographs, chapters and articles on community colleges. His 1997 book "A Learning College for the 21st Century" was awarded the Phillip E. Frandson Award for Literature in the Field of Continuing Higher Education.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 15
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12