TAYLORSVILLE — A national community college official will deliver the keynote address at Salt Lake Community College’s Professional Development Day.
Terry O’Banion will offer his speech titled "Student Success Pathway to Completion" Friday, Jan. 11, at 8:30 a.m at SLCC's Taylorsville Redwood Campus. SLCC Professional Development Day is scheduled for that day from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
O’Banion is president emeritus and senior league fellow of the League for Innovation in the Community College. He was president of the league for 23 years until his retirement. Under his leadership, the league became an international organization serving more than 700 colleges.
O’Banion has authored 14 books and more than 170 monographs, chapters and articles on community colleges. His 1997 book "A Learning College for the 21st Century" was awarded the Phillip E. Frandson Award for Literature in the Field of Continuing Higher Education.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- Utah's popular 'soda-pop geyser' is fizzling out
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 91
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 48
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 30
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 25
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 21
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 16