TAYLORSVILLE — A national community college official will deliver the keynote address at Salt Lake Community College’s Professional Development Day.
Terry O’Banion will offer his speech titled "Student Success Pathway to Completion" Friday, Jan. 11, at 8:30 a.m at SLCC's Taylorsville Redwood Campus. SLCC Professional Development Day is scheduled for that day from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
O’Banion is president emeritus and senior league fellow of the League for Innovation in the Community College. He was president of the league for 23 years until his retirement. Under his leadership, the league became an international organization serving more than 700 colleges.
O’Banion has authored 14 books and more than 170 monographs, chapters and articles on community colleges. His 1997 book "A Learning College for the 21st Century" was awarded the Phillip E. Frandson Award for Literature in the Field of Continuing Higher Education.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19