Defense, however, is the big reason the Titans have emerged as Region 7 favorites as they rank sixth defensively in 4A at 50.1 ppg.
Region 5 will likely be a two-horse race between Sky View and Mountain Crest. Both return three starters from teams that finished in a three-way tie for first in Region 5 last season along with Logan.
“We have a great group of seniors that play well and enjoy one another. We have a tough region that will be a dogfight every night. We will have to rely on our senior leadership to help us and I think they are up to the challenge,” said Sky View coach Kirk Hillyard.
Sky View is led by Jalen Moore, who averages 21.5 ppg, while Tyler Crosbie leads Mountain Crest with 18.3 ppg.
Deseret News 4A region projections
Note: Projections were picked by the Deseret News staff based on observations from the first month of the season.
1. Sky View
2. Mountain Crest
5. Box Elder
4. Woods Cross
5. Maple Mountain
7. Mountain View
8. Salem Hills
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Utah football: Ute offense shines in...
- BYU men's volleyball: Cougars trounce the...
- Is Tyrone Corbin gone? Utah Jazz, coach's...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 92
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 62
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 58
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 56
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters... 24
- Brad Rock: Jazz: Sign Gordon Hayward to... 17
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 17