Defense, however, is the big reason the Titans have emerged as Region 7 favorites as they rank sixth defensively in 4A at 50.1 ppg.
Region 5 will likely be a two-horse race between Sky View and Mountain Crest. Both return three starters from teams that finished in a three-way tie for first in Region 5 last season along with Logan.
“We have a great group of seniors that play well and enjoy one another. We have a tough region that will be a dogfight every night. We will have to rely on our senior leadership to help us and I think they are up to the challenge,” said Sky View coach Kirk Hillyard.
Sky View is led by Jalen Moore, who averages 21.5 ppg, while Tyler Crosbie leads Mountain Crest with 18.3 ppg.
Deseret News 4A region projections
Note: Projections were picked by the Deseret News staff based on observations from the first month of the season.
1. Sky View
2. Mountain Crest
5. Box Elder
4. Woods Cross
5. Maple Mountain
7. Mountain View
8. Salem Hills
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and Cecil O....
- High school football: Reigning Mr. Football...
- Ready to roll: US national soccer team ready...
- Utah Jazz: Massive, state-of-the-art...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their own...
- Rock On: Getting up to speed at BYU, Jazz's...
- A closer look at the Utah Jazz's 2013...
- Twitter reaction: U.S. men's soccer team...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 148
- High school football: Reigning Mr.... 32
- Phil Steele ranks USU 2nd-most... 28
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and... 28
- Trevor Reilly, Jake Murphy to represent... 22
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 21
- Austin Collie's workout with San... 18
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Unprecedented... 18