Defense, however, is the big reason the Titans have emerged as Region 7 favorites as they rank sixth defensively in 4A at 50.1 ppg.
Region 5 will likely be a two-horse race between Sky View and Mountain Crest. Both return three starters from teams that finished in a three-way tie for first in Region 5 last season along with Logan.
“We have a great group of seniors that play well and enjoy one another. We have a tough region that will be a dogfight every night. We will have to rely on our senior leadership to help us and I think they are up to the challenge,” said Sky View coach Kirk Hillyard.
Sky View is led by Jalen Moore, who averages 21.5 ppg, while Tyler Crosbie leads Mountain Crest with 18.3 ppg.
Deseret News 4A region projections
Note: Projections were picked by the Deseret News staff based on observations from the first month of the season.
1. Sky View
2. Mountain Crest
5. Box Elder
4. Woods Cross
5. Maple Mountain
7. Mountain View
8. Salem Hills
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Utah Jazz: Team is a long shot to win NBA's...
- Deseret News to live stream Utah high school...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- High school baseball: Logan's Chase Nelson...
- Utah State football: New coach Matt Wells...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 109
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 52
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 22
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 17
- Van Noy named to Lott IMPACT trophy... 15
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 12