Williams underwent an undisclosed procedure on Friday. The Jazz were vague about what that entailed but said it wasn't surgery. He said he didn't have fluid removed, either.
"I feel much better," Williams said, crediting extra rest for helping the pain and swelling subside. "As long as everything's fine, I'm sure I'll play Wednesday."
NO COMPLAINTS: After being grumpy about not playing in the fourth quarter Sunday, Paul Millsap was in a chipper mood at Tuesday's practice. He even teased reporters for delving into questions before wishing him a Happy New Year.
Millsap also said he hadn't given a second thought about watching Derrick Favors finish out Sunday's loss in Los Angeles. He didn't talk to coaches about riding that game out on the pine, either.
"I'm very passive. I don't let things like that try to get to me. When (Corbin) puts me in the game, I've just got to be ready to go," Millsap said. "He's the coach. I can express my feelings as much as possible. Will it work? Who knows. When you get in, you get in."
Millsap said he can't let situations like that get in his way from being a good teammate.
"We're all a team, keep that in mind," he said. "We've all got the same goal in mind. You just try not to let it get to you."
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27