Wait a minute before criticizing the efforts of a coworker or the actions of a child or spouse. Taking time to think about what you're going to say before you say it could save you and the other person pain and embarrassment.
Xi is a two-letter word that is acceptable in "Words with Friends." This isn't a work/life balance tip, but it's still helpful, and what else was I going to do with "X"?
Yelling is never a good idea, at work or at home. As my mother, the former school teacher, has told me often, once you raise your voice, you have nowhere else to go.
Zero in now on your work/life balance goals for the year, and then take action to achieve them.
I wish all of you a happy, successful and balanced new year!
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Q&A: Gauge the costs, advantages of long-term...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and nickels are...
- Smartphones and the Internet are changing the...
- 'Deseret News National Edition' looks at CPAC...
- Social Security Q&A: Military retirement; IRA...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 15
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and... 3
- High steaks: Beef prices mooove up 2
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in... 1
- Here are 5 clues to the health of US... 1
- 'Deseret News National Edition' looks... 1