Wait a minute before criticizing the efforts of a coworker or the actions of a child or spouse. Taking time to think about what you're going to say before you say it could save you and the other person pain and embarrassment.
Xi is a two-letter word that is acceptable in "Words with Friends." This isn't a work/life balance tip, but it's still helpful, and what else was I going to do with "X"?
Yelling is never a good idea, at work or at home. As my mother, the former school teacher, has told me often, once you raise your voice, you have nowhere else to go.
Zero in now on your work/life balance goals for the year, and then take action to achieve them.
I wish all of you a happy, successful and balanced new year!
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- McCostly: Where to get the cheapest Quarter...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- The Mortgage Professor: Escrow can raise...
- Star Trek money tips to live long and prosper
- US rate on 30-year mortgages rises to 3.59 pct.
- Making your budget work for 2
- Balancing act: Pause, reflect and avoid...
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 6
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing... 5
- Star Trek money tips to live long and... 4
- Is another housing bubble looming on... 3
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the... 3
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash 2
- Dave Ramsey says: In unique... 1
- Americans spent $61.4 billion on pets... 1