Eve Party: If you are in charge of a New Year’s Eve Party, consider this brilliant idea for sharing “30 Minutes of Wisdom.” This blogger explains how it works: “This year we would like each of you to take ONE MINUTE to share some wisdom with the rest of us; something you wish everyone else in the family knew, a skill, talent, testimony, activity, etc. What could bless everyone else and help along their journey? Since we each have unique gifts and talents and answers to prayers– we know that we can learn from one another. PLEASE prepare to share something. It can be serious or funny — but, we hope, something of value.” Then she provides a whole list of starters to get the wisdom flowing. And wouldn’t this make a great New Year’s Eve family home evening?
Eve FHE: Or ring out the year with this awesome outline for another “New Year’s Goals” themed Mormon family home evening. Using actual steps, you can teach your children the importance of setting goals, then taking the needed “steps” to reach them. Plus, as a bonus, there are links to other New Year’s lessons. Click in!
Eve printables: To set the mood this New Year’s Eve consider downloading this “New Year’s Subway Art Printable” to say farewell to 2012. Or perhaps download this “This Year I Will Be Printable” to get your resolution juices flowing. It’s easy to click, download, print, and share! Finally, if you need an “Easy, Delicious, Appetizer: Great for New Year’s Eve.” Try this one!
Happy New Year!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 174
- Why I don’t call myself a... 96
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- State bills to protect religious... 24
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- The challenges and blessings of... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 16