Eve Party: If you are in charge of a New Year’s Eve Party, consider this brilliant idea for sharing “30 Minutes of Wisdom.” This blogger explains how it works: “This year we would like each of you to take ONE MINUTE to share some wisdom with the rest of us; something you wish everyone else in the family knew, a skill, talent, testimony, activity, etc. What could bless everyone else and help along their journey? Since we each have unique gifts and talents and answers to prayers– we know that we can learn from one another. PLEASE prepare to share something. It can be serious or funny — but, we hope, something of value.” Then she provides a whole list of starters to get the wisdom flowing. And wouldn’t this make a great New Year’s Eve family home evening?
Eve FHE: Or ring out the year with this awesome outline for another “New Year’s Goals” themed Mormon family home evening. Using actual steps, you can teach your children the importance of setting goals, then taking the needed “steps” to reach them. Plus, as a bonus, there are links to other New Year’s lessons. Click in!
Eve printables: To set the mood this New Year’s Eve consider downloading this “New Year’s Subway Art Printable” to say farewell to 2012. Or perhaps download this “This Year I Will Be Printable” to get your resolution juices flowing. It’s easy to click, download, print, and share! Finally, if you need an “Easy, Delicious, Appetizer: Great for New Year’s Eve.” Try this one!
Happy New Year!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- How does the world feel about morals and...
- First Presidency Easter Message
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 72
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 50
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46