Utah Jazz: DeMarre Carroll will start for injured Marvin Williams tonight vs. Clippers
LOS ANGELES — The Utah Jazz will be without both of their Williamses tonight when they take on the Los Angeles Clippers.
Small forward Marvin Williams will not play in this 7:30 p.m. game at Staples Center because of inflammation in his right knee. The Jazz will also be without usual starting point guard Mo Williams, who remains out indefinitely with a severely sprained right thumb.
DeMarre Carroll will start in the small forward position along with point guard Jamaal Tinsley, shooting guard Randy Foye, power forward Paul Millsap and center Al Jefferson.
It's unknown how long either Williams will be out.
"It's been bothering him (Marvin) for a little while. It's been nagging him," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "It just hasn't gotten better. He got treatment the other night and it's a good chance to give him a few more days to get better."
The Jazz lost to the Clippers 116-114 on Friday night in Utah. L.A. is looking to extend its franchise-record 16-game winning streak, while the Jazz are hoping to snap out of a funk in which they've lost six of eight.
This will be Carroll's fourth start this season despite the fact he didn't play Friday and only saw a combined nine minutes in the previous two games.
"He's a defensive mind," Corbin said of Carroll. "It'll give us an opportunity to get some stops on the other end, maybe help us some in the pick-and-roll. We'll see how things go with Chris Paul. And he's been playing for us. We know what we're going to get from him."
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 40
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25