SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman was arrested Sunday after police say she attacked her husband with a paring knife during an argument.
The couple living in a basement apartment near 200 South and 1400 West got into an argument Sunday, leading the woman to take a paring knife and slice her 55-year-old husband twice across the chest, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Carl Merino.
Margie Maire, 51, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault once some respiratory concerns were dealt with by medical professionals.
The man's injuries are minor and won't require significant medical attention, Merino said. The couple wasn't willing to discuss the cause of the argument Sunday. No one else was in the house at the time of the incident.
No previous incidents of domestic disputes have been reported at the address, Merino said, and it doesn't appear the woman acted in self-defense.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17