Woman attacked husband with paring knife, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman was arrested Sunday after police say she attacked her husband with a paring knife during an argument.
The couple living in a basement apartment near 200 South and 1400 West got into an argument Sunday, leading the woman to take a paring knife and slice her 55-year-old husband twice across the chest, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Carl Merino.
Margie Maire, 51, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault once some respiratory concerns were dealt with by medical professionals.
The man's injuries are minor and won't require significant medical attention, Merino said. The couple wasn't willing to discuss the cause of the argument Sunday. No one else was in the house at the time of the incident.
No previous incidents of domestic disputes have been reported at the address, Merino said, and it doesn't appear the woman acted in self-defense.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15