SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman was arrested Sunday after police say she attacked her husband with a paring knife during an argument.
The couple living in a basement apartment near 200 South and 1400 West got into an argument Sunday, leading the woman to take a paring knife and slice her 55-year-old husband twice across the chest, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Carl Merino.
Margie Maire, 51, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault once some respiratory concerns were dealt with by medical professionals.
The man's injuries are minor and won't require significant medical attention, Merino said. The couple wasn't willing to discuss the cause of the argument Sunday. No one else was in the house at the time of the incident.
No previous incidents of domestic disputes have been reported at the address, Merino said, and it doesn't appear the woman acted in self-defense.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 95
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 36
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23