Woman attacked husband with paring knife, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman was arrested Sunday after police say she attacked her husband with a paring knife during an argument.
The couple living in a basement apartment near 200 South and 1400 West got into an argument Sunday, leading the woman to take a paring knife and slice her 55-year-old husband twice across the chest, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Carl Merino.
Margie Maire, 51, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault once some respiratory concerns were dealt with by medical professionals.
The man's injuries are minor and won't require significant medical attention, Merino said. The couple wasn't willing to discuss the cause of the argument Sunday. No one else was in the house at the time of the incident.
No previous incidents of domestic disputes have been reported at the address, Merino said, and it doesn't appear the woman acted in self-defense.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 22
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18