Woman attacked husband with paring knife, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman was arrested Sunday after police say she attacked her husband with a paring knife during an argument.
The couple living in a basement apartment near 200 South and 1400 West got into an argument Sunday, leading the woman to take a paring knife and slice her 55-year-old husband twice across the chest, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Carl Merino.
Margie Maire, 51, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault once some respiratory concerns were dealt with by medical professionals.
The man's injuries are minor and won't require significant medical attention, Merino said. The couple wasn't willing to discuss the cause of the argument Sunday. No one else was in the house at the time of the incident.
No previous incidents of domestic disputes have been reported at the address, Merino said, and it doesn't appear the woman acted in self-defense.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22