"A lot more people come," she said. "It lets them know that we're here and what's available for them to do."
In the Assembly Hall, visitors came in out of the cold to sing children's songs Saturday night in the annual children's sing-a-long, followed by a Winter Wonderland concert. There will be a show tunes sing-a-long on Monday starting at 5 p.m.
Seven-year-old George Ditto, who was with his family visiting from Spokane, Wash., said he thought he might see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir when his family walked into the Assembly Hall. Instead, they joined a different choir, he said.
"We sang Jingle Bells and Frosty the Snowman," Ditto said. "It was fun."
Kira and Marin McCoy of Denver said once they heard there was a chance to sing, they made it part of their weekend plans. The sisters are visiting Salt Lake City together.
"We like singing," Kira McCoy said. "They're doing a good job of engaging all the kids."
Marin McCoy, 16, said she thought the adults were having just as much fun as the kids.
"The kids are really enjoying it, and so are the adults and parents," she said. "It doesn't matter how old you are."
At Gallivan Plaza, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band and Nick Waterhouse kicked off the three-day live music series for a crowd bundled up in coats and hats. Other performances include David Williams, Blind Pilot and No-Nation Orchestra. All shows are included with a regular EVE pass.
- Community comes together to surprise...
- 'We're not going to stop': Parents of Anne...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- No money for House Speaker Becky Lockhart's...
- South Jordan mayor says idea to split Jordan...
- House won't consider Senate's partial...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 29
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 14
- No money for House Speaker Becky... 11