"A lot more people come," she said. "It lets them know that we're here and what's available for them to do."
In the Assembly Hall, visitors came in out of the cold to sing children's songs Saturday night in the annual children's sing-a-long, followed by a Winter Wonderland concert. There will be a show tunes sing-a-long on Monday starting at 5 p.m.
Seven-year-old George Ditto, who was with his family visiting from Spokane, Wash., said he thought he might see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir when his family walked into the Assembly Hall. Instead, they joined a different choir, he said.
"We sang Jingle Bells and Frosty the Snowman," Ditto said. "It was fun."
Kira and Marin McCoy of Denver said once they heard there was a chance to sing, they made it part of their weekend plans. The sisters are visiting Salt Lake City together.
"We like singing," Kira McCoy said. "They're doing a good job of engaging all the kids."
Marin McCoy, 16, said she thought the adults were having just as much fun as the kids.
"The kids are really enjoying it, and so are the adults and parents," she said. "It doesn't matter how old you are."
At Gallivan Plaza, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band and Nick Waterhouse kicked off the three-day live music series for a crowd bundled up in coats and hats. Other performances include David Williams, Blind Pilot and No-Nation Orchestra. All shows are included with a regular EVE pass.
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Six arrested in 'major' northern Utah drug...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 105
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 39
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 25
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19