Utah Jazz: Some second-guessing between match-ups with Clippers (+video)
Having been an NBA head coach for nearly two full calendar years, Corbin understands that criticism comes with the territory.
"In coaching, you've got to understand if things go well somebody else might get the credit for it," he said. "If things go bad, you're going to get blamed for it. That's the business."
Corbin said it's his job to make sure his players are prepared, organized and execute.
"You've just got to go out and do the best job you can," he said.
As for Paul, he was excited to have ball in his hands despite what defense the Jazz threw at him. He thought Jamaal Tinsley was going to come after him, and that didn't happen. And he said he "wasn't worried about Hayward," whom he'd beaten for a jumper moments earlier.
"I was just worried about Al Jefferson. I could tell he was going to try and blitz me," Paul said. "Anytime two guys try and trap me, I'm always going to attack the slower guy. If they wouldn't have called the foul, I was right around Al anyway. I get a chance to end the game."
Now the Jazz find themselves in a rare situation in which they face the same opponent in consecutive games.
"It's going to be the same team on their home floor. We competed against them. We played two tough games here on our home floor against them," Corbin said. "We know the personnel. We have a feel for what we can do and be successful against them. We know we have to get better at the pick-and-roll to have a chance."
The Jazz also expect Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Jamal Crawford and crew to be even more energetic at Staples Center in front of Clipper Darrell and fans.
"We have to respond and move on and be ready," Corbin said.
Utah (15-16) likes the way it matches up with the 24-6 Clippers, who are currently the league's best team.
"We do (match up well). The last two games we played them we had over 10 point leads and we've just blown them," Millsap said. "So we feel like we have the better advantage, we have the better chemistry (and feel) that we can actually beat this team."
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 67
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 42
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 17
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14