Utah Jazz: Some second-guessing between match-ups with Clippers (+video)
Having been an NBA head coach for nearly two full calendar years, Corbin understands that criticism comes with the territory.
"In coaching, you've got to understand if things go well somebody else might get the credit for it," he said. "If things go bad, you're going to get blamed for it. That's the business."
Corbin said it's his job to make sure his players are prepared, organized and execute.
"You've just got to go out and do the best job you can," he said.
As for Paul, he was excited to have ball in his hands despite what defense the Jazz threw at him. He thought Jamaal Tinsley was going to come after him, and that didn't happen. And he said he "wasn't worried about Hayward," whom he'd beaten for a jumper moments earlier.
"I was just worried about Al Jefferson. I could tell he was going to try and blitz me," Paul said. "Anytime two guys try and trap me, I'm always going to attack the slower guy. If they wouldn't have called the foul, I was right around Al anyway. I get a chance to end the game."
Now the Jazz find themselves in a rare situation in which they face the same opponent in consecutive games.
"It's going to be the same team on their home floor. We competed against them. We played two tough games here on our home floor against them," Corbin said. "We know the personnel. We have a feel for what we can do and be successful against them. We know we have to get better at the pick-and-roll to have a chance."
The Jazz also expect Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Jamal Crawford and crew to be even more energetic at Staples Center in front of Clipper Darrell and fans.
"We have to respond and move on and be ready," Corbin said.
Utah (15-16) likes the way it matches up with the 24-6 Clippers, who are currently the league's best team.
"We do (match up well). The last two games we played them we had over 10 point leads and we've just blown them," Millsap said. "So we feel like we have the better advantage, we have the better chemistry (and feel) that we can actually beat this team."
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Peavler: 3 is a magic number for BYU after...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will not go...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 112
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 72
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 56
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 45