Gary Andersen to hire former Utah offensive coordinator Andy Ludwig at Wisconsin
According to reports in the Wisconsin-Journal Sentinel, Gary Andersen is expected to hire former Utah offensive coordinator and current San Diego State University offensive coordinator Andy Ludwig to the offensive coordinator position at the University of Wisconsin.
The announcement is not yet official because Wisconsin state law requires university jobs to be posted for two weeks before a hire can be made.
Andersen has worked with Ludwig previously, both at Utah from 2005-08 as defensive and offensive coordinators under Kyle Whittingham, respectively.
Ludwig left Utah in 2008 for the Kansas State offensive coordinator position but didn't stay long. By 2010, Ludwig was coordinating the offense for the Cal Bears, but left for SDSU in January 2011.
Since Ludwig began coaching at SDSU, the Aztecs have gone 17-9 and been to two bowl games. The SDSU offense averaged nearly 400 yards per game in 2012.
Andersen said the process of hiring a new staff for the Badgers is nearly complete.
"We're getting a lot closer," Andersen told the Journal-Sentinel. "There is a process you have to go through. I would think in the next three or four days we'll have the majority of them announced."
Andersen is expected to take a few current and former coaches from the state of Utah with him to Wisconsin. Besides Ludwig, Andersen is expected to take Dave Aranda (Utah State) and Chad Kauha'aha'a (Utah).
The Journal-Sentinel is reporting Wisconsin's current running backs coach, Thomas Hammock, and secondary coach, Ben Strickland, will stay on under Andersen.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28