Gary Andersen to hire former Utah offensive coordinator Andy Ludwig at Wisconsin
According to reports in the Wisconsin-Journal Sentinel, Gary Andersen is expected to hire former Utah offensive coordinator and current San Diego State University offensive coordinator Andy Ludwig to the offensive coordinator position at the University of Wisconsin.
The announcement is not yet official because Wisconsin state law requires university jobs to be posted for two weeks before a hire can be made.
Andersen has worked with Ludwig previously, both at Utah from 2005-08 as defensive and offensive coordinators under Kyle Whittingham, respectively.
Ludwig left Utah in 2008 for the Kansas State offensive coordinator position but didn't stay long. By 2010, Ludwig was coordinating the offense for the Cal Bears, but left for SDSU in January 2011.
Since Ludwig began coaching at SDSU, the Aztecs have gone 17-9 and been to two bowl games. The SDSU offense averaged nearly 400 yards per game in 2012.
Andersen said the process of hiring a new staff for the Badgers is nearly complete.
"We're getting a lot closer," Andersen told the Journal-Sentinel. "There is a process you have to go through. I would think in the next three or four days we'll have the majority of them announced."
Andersen is expected to take a few current and former coaches from the state of Utah with him to Wisconsin. Besides Ludwig, Andersen is expected to take Dave Aranda (Utah State) and Chad Kauha'aha'a (Utah).
The Journal-Sentinel is reporting Wisconsin's current running backs coach, Thomas Hammock, and secondary coach, Ben Strickland, will stay on under Andersen.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20