BYU football: Wide receiver Cody Hoffman to return to BYU for senior year
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — The most productive and explosive cog in BYU's offense will be back next fall.
Junior wide receiver Cody Hoffman confirmed Friday night via his Twitter account that he will return to Provo for his senior season.
"Proud to announce that I'll be returning to BYU for my senior year with my boys!" Hoffman posted.
This season, Hoffman caught 100 passes for 1,248 yards and 11 TDs.
Following the Cougars' 23-6 victory over San Diego State in the Poinsettia Bowl, Hoffman, who was named offensive MVP of the bowl game, said he would likely come back to BYU rather than declare himself eligible for April's NFL draft.
If he stays healthy, Hoffman should shatter every school receiving record.
Hoffman is No. 4 all-time at BYU in receptions (203), No. 5 in receiving yards (2,718), and No. 3 in touchdown catches (28).
Now, the question is, will star linebacker Kyle Van Noy stay at BYU or jump to the NFL? Van Noy, the defensive MVP of the Poinsettia Bowl, is also considering his options. Many observers expect Van Noy to leave BYU early.
But Hoffman, apparently, is working on convincing Van Noy to remain a Cougar for one more year. "Now my next goal is to get (Van Noy) to stay with me help me out people!" Hoffman posted Friday night.
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- BYU guard Tyler Haws passes Danny Ainge for...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 26
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25