Second-quarter run gives Utah Jazz halftime lead over Clippers
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz guard Randy Foye scored 18 points and the Jazz used a 17-2 second-quarter run to take a 58-48 halftime lead over the Los Angeles Clippers at EnergySolutions Arena on Friday night.
Foye, who had not shot well over the last few games, scored 14 points in the first quarter to keep the Jazz close, but the Clippers led 29-22 after 12 minutes.
Clippers guard Jamal Crawford's basket with 7:58 left in the second quarter gave Los Angeles a 34-29 lead. But the Clippers scored only one field goal in the next four minutes as Jazz swingman Gordon Hayward led the Jazz bench on a huge scoring flurry.
Hayward finished the half with 11 points, two rebounds and two assists. Blake Griffin led the Clippers with 13 points and five rebounds in the first half.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter:TheShums
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28