Second-quarter run gives Utah Jazz halftime lead over Clippers
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz guard Randy Foye scored 18 points and the Jazz used a 17-2 second-quarter run to take a 58-48 halftime lead over the Los Angeles Clippers at EnergySolutions Arena on Friday night.
Foye, who had not shot well over the last few games, scored 14 points in the first quarter to keep the Jazz close, but the Clippers led 29-22 after 12 minutes.
Clippers guard Jamal Crawford's basket with 7:58 left in the second quarter gave Los Angeles a 34-29 lead. But the Clippers scored only one field goal in the next four minutes as Jazz swingman Gordon Hayward led the Jazz bench on a huge scoring flurry.
Hayward finished the half with 11 points, two rebounds and two assists. Blake Griffin led the Clippers with 13 points and five rebounds in the first half.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter:TheShums
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18