Weber State men's basketball: Wildcats back home against University of the Southwest
OGDEN — After winning its first two conference games in the Big Sky, Weber State takes a break from league play to host the University of the Southwest at the Dee Events Center at 7 p.m. Saturday.
The Wildcats (6-3) are enormous favorites against the University of the Southwest (3-8), a four-year NAIA school in Hobbs, N.M., with a marginal enrollment of 630 students. In another appearance against a Big Sky opponent, the Mustangs fell 127-81 to Northern Colorado.
Curtis Thompson leads the Mustangs at 15.1 points per game, while Jonathan Williams averages 10 points and a team-high 7.3 rebounds per outing.
Meanwhile, WSU’s Jordan Richardson earned co-Big Sky Player of the Week honors after scoring 15 points and three assists in a win against Eastern Washington. He followed that up with 14 points and five assists in a 73-69 overtime win against Portland State.
Currently, the Wildcats lead the Big Sky in seven statistical categories: scoring offense (73.7 ppg), scoring margin (plus-12.2), field goal percentage (.476), field goal percentage defense (.396), 3-point percentage defense (.245), assists (14.9) and defensive rebounds (26.9).
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28