Weber State men's basketball: Wildcats back home against University of the Southwest
OGDEN — After winning its first two conference games in the Big Sky, Weber State takes a break from league play to host the University of the Southwest at the Dee Events Center at 7 p.m. Saturday.
The Wildcats (6-3) are enormous favorites against the University of the Southwest (3-8), a four-year NAIA school in Hobbs, N.M., with a marginal enrollment of 630 students. In another appearance against a Big Sky opponent, the Mustangs fell 127-81 to Northern Colorado.
Curtis Thompson leads the Mustangs at 15.1 points per game, while Jonathan Williams averages 10 points and a team-high 7.3 rebounds per outing.
Meanwhile, WSU’s Jordan Richardson earned co-Big Sky Player of the Week honors after scoring 15 points and three assists in a win against Eastern Washington. He followed that up with 14 points and five assists in a 73-69 overtime win against Portland State.
Currently, the Wildcats lead the Big Sky in seven statistical categories: scoring offense (73.7 ppg), scoring margin (plus-12.2), field goal percentage (.476), field goal percentage defense (.396), 3-point percentage defense (.245), assists (14.9) and defensive rebounds (26.9).
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 42
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7
- Morning links: Utah Utes a sleeper in... 6