“Accidental Private Eye,” by Clair M. Poulson, is a suspenseful mystery that is difficult to stop reading.
In the book, a young man named Dallas Rowen, who was recently honorably discharged from the army, has had a very rough life. After falling away from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he doesn't have a job, and practically all his worldly possessions have been stolen. The only thing left was his truck, which he was living out of, but it was out of gas. Dallas was out of money, and out of luck.
An elderly lady received inspiration to talk to Dallas, even though she found out he was not a licensed detective, she still asked him to find out who murdered her grandson at a derby race.
To investigate, Dallas starts working at a car garage where the victim had been working, but he finds out some very interesting information. He also goes to a derby race, and talks to many of the grandson's friends and acquaintances.
Set in Provo, "Accidental Private Eye" is about trust, mystery and finding the way back to the right path. Throughout story, Dallas starts praying again and attending LDS Church meetings. He truly wants to get better. As his life is turning around he is offered a job as an assistant private investigator at a local company.
This novel is motivational in the fact the main character completely turns his life around and receives many blessings for doing so. He needs to overcome many trials along the way, but he realizes it’s worth it.
Clair M. Poulson has published some 20 novels and has a background in law enforcement and the military.
Ashlynn Green is a wife, a daughter, a sister, a pug-lover and a huge believer of the family.
- Pope embraces Al-Azhar imam in sign of...
- Church slaying families accept pursuit of...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Of happiness and...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A church focused on...
- LDS World: The privilege and benefits of...
- Book review: 'Star Struck' is light, romantic...
- Brigham Young birthday celebration June 1
- LDS missionary who returned home early... 47
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Is the Angel Moroni a lightning rod?... 18
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering... 15
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11
- Brooklyn's Catholic bishop decries... 4
- ... 3
- What's new: 'The Washington Hypothesis' 3