“Accidental Private Eye,” by Clair M. Poulson, is a suspenseful mystery that is difficult to stop reading.
In the book, a young man named Dallas Rowen, who was recently honorably discharged from the army, has had a very rough life. After falling away from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he doesn't have a job, and practically all his worldly possessions have been stolen. The only thing left was his truck, which he was living out of, but it was out of gas. Dallas was out of money, and out of luck.
An elderly lady received inspiration to talk to Dallas, even though she found out he was not a licensed detective, she still asked him to find out who murdered her grandson at a derby race.
To investigate, Dallas starts working at a car garage where the victim had been working, but he finds out some very interesting information. He also goes to a derby race, and talks to many of the grandson's friends and acquaintances.
Set in Provo, "Accidental Private Eye" is about trust, mystery and finding the way back to the right path. Throughout story, Dallas starts praying again and attending LDS Church meetings. He truly wants to get better. As his life is turning around he is offered a job as an assistant private investigator at a local company.
This novel is motivational in the fact the main character completely turns his life around and receives many blessings for doing so. He needs to overcome many trials along the way, but he realizes it’s worth it.
Clair M. Poulson has published some 20 novels and has a background in law enforcement and the military.
Ashlynn Green is a wife, a daughter, a sister, a pug-lover and a huge believer of the family.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- Students' moving video on the Christmas truce...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Christmas without Jesus
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out... 48
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 42
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- Christmas without Jesus 19
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 18
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 11
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 10