“Accidental Private Eye,” by Clair M. Poulson, is a suspenseful mystery that is difficult to stop reading.
In the book, a young man named Dallas Rowen, who was recently honorably discharged from the army, has had a very rough life. After falling away from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he doesn't have a job, and practically all his worldly possessions have been stolen. The only thing left was his truck, which he was living out of, but it was out of gas. Dallas was out of money, and out of luck.
An elderly lady received inspiration to talk to Dallas, even though she found out he was not a licensed detective, she still asked him to find out who murdered her grandson at a derby race.
To investigate, Dallas starts working at a car garage where the victim had been working, but he finds out some very interesting information. He also goes to a derby race, and talks to many of the grandson's friends and acquaintances.
Set in Provo, "Accidental Private Eye" is about trust, mystery and finding the way back to the right path. Throughout story, Dallas starts praying again and attending LDS Church meetings. He truly wants to get better. As his life is turning around he is offered a job as an assistant private investigator at a local company.
This novel is motivational in the fact the main character completely turns his life around and receives many blessings for doing so. He needs to overcome many trials along the way, but he realizes it’s worth it.
Clair M. Poulson has published some 20 novels and has a background in law enforcement and the military.
Ashlynn Green is a wife, a daughter, a sister, a pug-lover and a huge believer of the family.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Faith, Family and...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- LDS Church dedicates Deseret Mill and Pasta...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 93
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 70
- Why I make my kids go to church 51
- LDS university president receives... 18
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 13
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 4
- In the Whirled: Becoming a daydream... 3