'Dews of Heaven: Answers to Life's Questions from the Doctrine and Covenants' does not disappoint
Editor's note: Mormon Times is highlighting several new books on the Doctrine and Covenants, which is the focus of the Sunday School curriculum for 2013.
"DEWS OF HEAVEN: Answers to Life's Questions from the Doctrine and Covenants," by Breck England, Cedar Fort, $16.99, 256 pages (nf)
In his recently released book, "Dews of Heaven: Answers to Life's Questions from the Doctrine and Covenants," Breck England candidly asks — and answers — 20 commonly asked questions that have crossed the Mormon mind a time or two.
This inspiring book is separated into 20 chapters, each beginning with a question, followed by an answer via the Doctrine and Covenants, personal anecdotes from the author and father of five, and quotes from prophets and apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In 256 pages of raw material, England dives right in, but wants readers to know it’s anything but a typical scripture supplement.
“Dews of Heaven” suits college-aged Mormons and above, but mostly speaks to couples and families. A chapter on communication begins with the following question: “I love my family so much, but we have a hard time communicating. We do argue too often, but even more troubling, we don’t share very much of what’s in our hearts. How can we improve communication between husband and wife, parent and child (and teenager!)?”
Questions and topics range from self-worth to missions, money, science, marriage, health, temptation and the Atonement. This book will not disappoint and is a good option for those wishing to get the most out of the new 2013 Sunday School course curriculum on the Doctrine and Covenants.
More recently released books about the Doctrine and Covenants
"The Savior in Kirtland" by Karl Ricks Anderson
"Little-Know Stories about the Doctrine and Covenants" by Dan Baker
"You Shall Have My Word: Exploring the Text of the Doctrine & Covenants: the 41st Annual Brigham Young University Sidney Symposium"
"Doctrine and Covenants Encyclopedia: Revised Edition," by Hoyt W. Brewster Jr.
Books about President Lorenzo Snow
Brooke Willardson Porter is a California native turned Oklahoma adoptee. She is a writer, editor and full-time wife to a busy pediatric resident. Join her exaggerated discourses: atleastitsnotasingle.blogspot.com. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 23
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 7