Mormon Tabernacle Choir responds to NBA's 'Carol of the Bells' commercial
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir was mentioned in the same sentence as several NBA stars a month ago after the NBA released an NBA Christmas commercial.
The commercial featured stars Dwight Howard (Los Angeles Lakers), Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder), Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat) and Joe Johnson (Brooklyn Nets) bouncing basketballs to the tune of "Carol of the Bells," a song the Tabernacle Choir is known for performing at Christmastime.
Just before Christmas, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir answered back by posting its own rendition of "Carol of the Bells" to its new YouTube channel. The video is only 1:08 but is sure to make some giggle.
Since the Tabernacle Choir created its own channel, the group has received more than 14,000 subscribers and has posted 135 videos.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Partially paralyzed LDS runner completes...
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Polygamy essays provide information about...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Wright Words: Are you an odd duck?
- Polygamy essays provide information... 69
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 61
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 22
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 15
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church... 7