Mormon Tabernacle Choir responds to NBA's 'Carol of the Bells' commercial
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir was mentioned in the same sentence as several NBA stars a month ago after the NBA released an NBA Christmas commercial.
The commercial featured stars Dwight Howard (Los Angeles Lakers), Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder), Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat) and Joe Johnson (Brooklyn Nets) bouncing basketballs to the tune of "Carol of the Bells," a song the Tabernacle Choir is known for performing at Christmastime.
Just before Christmas, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir answered back by posting its own rendition of "Carol of the Bells" to its new YouTube channel. The video is only 1:08 but is sure to make some giggle.
Since the Tabernacle Choir created its own channel, the group has received more than 14,000 subscribers and has posted 135 videos.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Defending the Faith: When the... 139
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16