Mormon Tabernacle Choir responds to NBA's 'Carol of the Bells' commercial
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir was mentioned in the same sentence as several NBA stars a month ago after the NBA released an NBA Christmas commercial.
The commercial featured stars Dwight Howard (Los Angeles Lakers), Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder), Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat) and Joe Johnson (Brooklyn Nets) bouncing basketballs to the tune of "Carol of the Bells," a song the Tabernacle Choir is known for performing at Christmastime.
Just before Christmas, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir answered back by posting its own rendition of "Carol of the Bells" to its new YouTube channel. The video is only 1:08 but is sure to make some giggle.
Since the Tabernacle Choir created its own channel, the group has received more than 14,000 subscribers and has posted 135 videos.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 30
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 22
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 18
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 12
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 12
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 11
- How would you describe God in just one... 11