Mormon Tabernacle Choir responds to NBA's 'Carol of the Bells' commercial
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir was mentioned in the same sentence as several NBA stars a month ago after the NBA released an NBA Christmas commercial.
The commercial featured stars Dwight Howard (Los Angeles Lakers), Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder), Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat) and Joe Johnson (Brooklyn Nets) bouncing basketballs to the tune of "Carol of the Bells," a song the Tabernacle Choir is known for performing at Christmastime.
Just before Christmas, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir answered back by posting its own rendition of "Carol of the Bells" to its new YouTube channel. The video is only 1:08 but is sure to make some giggle.
Since the Tabernacle Choir created its own channel, the group has received more than 14,000 subscribers and has posted 135 videos.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 20
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5