Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — After 15 years as Ballet West's executive director, Johann Jacobs announced his resignation Friday afternoon, according to a news release.
During Jacobs' time with Ballet West the company's revenues increased by 40 percent. Jacobs' decision was made in order to pursue new professional opportunities and challenges, according to the news release.
Artistic director Adam Sklute expressed his appreciation for Jacobs.
"Johann is of a rare breed of arts administrators — one who understands the finances of art, and the art form and the artists as well," Sklute said in the news release. "I'm so grateful to have joined Ballet West during his tenure as executive director, working side by side with him as we forged our way through these challenging financially years — and prevailed."
Ballet West's Board of Directors will begin a national search for Jacobs' replacement. Jacobs will continue as executive director until June 30, 2013.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- The Clean Cut: Military father surprises...
- 10 compliments your kids need to hear
- 42 ways to make your kids feel absolutely loved
- Stuart Edge, Alex Boye, other Utah artists...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- Things that changed my view of marriage... 24
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 15
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 12
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 11
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5