Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — After 15 years as Ballet West's executive director, Johann Jacobs announced his resignation Friday afternoon, according to a news release.
During Jacobs' time with Ballet West the company's revenues increased by 40 percent. Jacobs' decision was made in order to pursue new professional opportunities and challenges, according to the news release.
Artistic director Adam Sklute expressed his appreciation for Jacobs.
"Johann is of a rare breed of arts administrators — one who understands the finances of art, and the art form and the artists as well," Sklute said in the news release. "I'm so grateful to have joined Ballet West during his tenure as executive director, working side by side with him as we forged our way through these challenging financially years — and prevailed."
Ballet West's Board of Directors will begin a national search for Jacobs' replacement. Jacobs will continue as executive director until June 30, 2013.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- The problems grandparents face when...
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- A letter to my boys: The real reason I say no...
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 8
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 6
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3
- Ask Mr. Dad: How to handle stress of... 2
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in... 2
- What causes do men care about? Kids and... 1
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof... 1