Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — After 15 years as Ballet West's executive director, Johann Jacobs announced his resignation Friday afternoon, according to a news release.
During Jacobs' time with Ballet West the company's revenues increased by 40 percent. Jacobs' decision was made in order to pursue new professional opportunities and challenges, according to the news release.
Artistic director Adam Sklute expressed his appreciation for Jacobs.
"Johann is of a rare breed of arts administrators — one who understands the finances of art, and the art form and the artists as well," Sklute said in the news release. "I'm so grateful to have joined Ballet West during his tenure as executive director, working side by side with him as we forged our way through these challenging financially years — and prevailed."
Ballet West's Board of Directors will begin a national search for Jacobs' replacement. Jacobs will continue as executive director until June 30, 2013.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders... 2