Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — After 15 years as Ballet West's executive director, Johann Jacobs announced his resignation Friday afternoon, according to a news release.
During Jacobs' time with Ballet West the company's revenues increased by 40 percent. Jacobs' decision was made in order to pursue new professional opportunities and challenges, according to the news release.
Artistic director Adam Sklute expressed his appreciation for Jacobs.
"Johann is of a rare breed of arts administrators — one who understands the finances of art, and the art form and the artists as well," Sklute said in the news release. "I'm so grateful to have joined Ballet West during his tenure as executive director, working side by side with him as we forged our way through these challenging financially years — and prevailed."
Ballet West's Board of Directors will begin a national search for Jacobs' replacement. Jacobs will continue as executive director until June 30, 2013.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- Motherhood Matters: What do you focus on?
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 15
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Erin Stewart: Is free-range parenting... 8
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and... 3
- Faith and family are driving forces for... 3
- The Clean Cut: New BMW i3 Super Bowl ad... 2