Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — After 15 years as Ballet West's executive director, Johann Jacobs announced his resignation Friday afternoon, according to a news release.
During Jacobs' time with Ballet West the company's revenues increased by 40 percent. Jacobs' decision was made in order to pursue new professional opportunities and challenges, according to the news release.
Artistic director Adam Sklute expressed his appreciation for Jacobs.
"Johann is of a rare breed of arts administrators — one who understands the finances of art, and the art form and the artists as well," Sklute said in the news release. "I'm so grateful to have joined Ballet West during his tenure as executive director, working side by side with him as we forged our way through these challenging financially years — and prevailed."
Ballet West's Board of Directors will begin a national search for Jacobs' replacement. Jacobs will continue as executive director until June 30, 2013.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- 3 Utah mothers to compete in U.S. Olympic...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: The romance of restraint
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved ones...
- Free marriage check-up clinic offered at...
- The Clean Cut: Kelly Clarkson announces...
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on Valentine's Day
- The heart of the matter: What your pulse says...
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- If Splenda gives Swiss rats cancer,... 6
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved... 2
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on... 1
- Orchestra of Southern Utah Children's... 0
- The heart of the matter: What your... 0
- Motherhood Matters: How to manage... 0
- The Clean Cut: New trailer for... 0