Jeff Zelevansky, Getty Images
Hours after Brooklyn Nets coach Avery Johnson was fired, a screen shot of a tweet taking a shot at the Nets and possibly point guard Deron Williams sent from the official Utah Jazz Twitter account surfaced.
A screen shot was first posted on Twitter by @jose3030 who, according to an interview with Dime Magazine, is a Washington, D.C.-based IT administrator who runs the music and sports blog 3030fm.com and subsequently retweeted by a Nets blogger:
Utah Jazz taking a shot at Deron Williams? twitter.com/NetsTakeOver/s— Nets Take Over (@NetsTakeOver) December 28, 2012
The original tweet, has been deleted from the @utahjazz timeline.
The Jazz released the following statement:
"Yesterday, a member of the Utah Jazz staff posted an inappropriate Tweet to the official Jazz account. This employee no longer has login access to the Jazz Twitter account and further disciplinary action is being taken internally."
"The Jazz does not comment on other NBA teams transactions and furthermore, does not condone any negative comments about any players, coaches, or front office staff throughout the league. It is simply unprofessional and unacceptable."
The tweet comes a week after Williams publicly complimented the Jazz system and former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan.
"(Utah) was a great system for my style of play. I'm a system player, and I loved coach (Jerry) Sloan's system. I loved the offense there. We could've been a really good team. We just weren't that good defensively as a group."
After the remark, the New York media questioned Williams' commitment to his head coach and team.
"There's nothing to it," Williams said following a shootaround on Dec. 18. "(The media) asked me about Utah. I'm not going to bad mouth Utah. I had a great time in Utah. I loved the offense. I've said we've had struggles on offense here, which I've said all year.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 33
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7