Jeff Zelevansky, Getty Images
Hours after Brooklyn Nets coach Avery Johnson was fired, a screen shot of a tweet taking a shot at the Nets and possibly point guard Deron Williams sent from the official Utah Jazz Twitter account surfaced.
A screen shot was first posted on Twitter by @jose3030 who, according to an interview with Dime Magazine, is a Washington, D.C.-based IT administrator who runs the music and sports blog 3030fm.com and subsequently retweeted by a Nets blogger:
Utah Jazz taking a shot at Deron Williams? twitter.com/NetsTakeOver/s— Nets Take Over (@NetsTakeOver) December 28, 2012
The original tweet, has been deleted from the @utahjazz timeline.
The Jazz released the following statement:
"Yesterday, a member of the Utah Jazz staff posted an inappropriate Tweet to the official Jazz account. This employee no longer has login access to the Jazz Twitter account and further disciplinary action is being taken internally."
"The Jazz does not comment on other NBA teams transactions and furthermore, does not condone any negative comments about any players, coaches, or front office staff throughout the league. It is simply unprofessional and unacceptable."
The tweet comes a week after Williams publicly complimented the Jazz system and former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan.
"(Utah) was a great system for my style of play. I'm a system player, and I loved coach (Jerry) Sloan's system. I loved the offense there. We could've been a really good team. We just weren't that good defensively as a group."
After the remark, the New York media questioned Williams' commitment to his head coach and team.
"There's nothing to it," Williams said following a shootaround on Dec. 18. "(The media) asked me about Utah. I'm not going to bad mouth Utah. I had a great time in Utah. I loved the offense. I've said we've had struggles on offense here, which I've said all year.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- David Stockton, son of John, saves the day...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 70
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 44
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26