Jeff Zelevansky, Getty Images
Hours after Brooklyn Nets coach Avery Johnson was fired, a screen shot of a tweet taking a shot at the Nets and possibly point guard Deron Williams sent from the official Utah Jazz Twitter account surfaced.
A screen shot was first posted on Twitter by @jose3030 who, according to an interview with Dime Magazine, is a Washington, D.C.-based IT administrator who runs the music and sports blog 3030fm.com and subsequently retweeted by a Nets blogger:
Utah Jazz taking a shot at Deron Williams? twitter.com/NetsTakeOver/s— Nets Take Over (@NetsTakeOver) December 28, 2012
The original tweet, has been deleted from the @utahjazz timeline.
The Jazz released the following statement:
"Yesterday, a member of the Utah Jazz staff posted an inappropriate Tweet to the official Jazz account. This employee no longer has login access to the Jazz Twitter account and further disciplinary action is being taken internally."
"The Jazz does not comment on other NBA teams transactions and furthermore, does not condone any negative comments about any players, coaches, or front office staff throughout the league. It is simply unprofessional and unacceptable."
The tweet comes a week after Williams publicly complimented the Jazz system and former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan.
"(Utah) was a great system for my style of play. I'm a system player, and I loved coach (Jerry) Sloan's system. I loved the offense there. We could've been a really good team. We just weren't that good defensively as a group."
After the remark, the New York media questioned Williams' commitment to his head coach and team.
"There's nothing to it," Williams said following a shootaround on Dec. 18. "(The media) asked me about Utah. I'm not going to bad mouth Utah. I had a great time in Utah. I loved the offense. I've said we've had struggles on offense here, which I've said all year.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34