Ben Brewer, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Quitters won on Friday morning.
The Salt Lake Valley Health Department tobacco program staff distributed "Quit Kits" at Beans and Brews at in Salt Lake City. Kits were available to tobacco users, or to individuals who would like to pick up a kit for a friend or family member, to help them quit.
Those who pledge to go tobacco-free for 2013 also received wristbands to Salt Lake City's EVE celebration.
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Doug Robinson: Managing a delicate balance
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Educators call for funding, legislation to...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 267
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 17
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16