BYU basketball: Cougars jump out to a quick start, defeat Northern Arizona
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
PROVO — It did not take long for BYU to establish a lead over Northern Arizona University, and it only grew as the game went on.
The Cougars easily defeated the visiting Lumberjacks on Thursday night at the Marriott Center, 84-54.
As usual, big nights by Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws, who combined for a total of 42 points, led BYU to victory. Davies finished with a double-double, 27 points and 10 rebounds.
Matt Carlino tallied six of his team's 18 total assists but struggled shooting the ball as he went 3 for 9 from the field for six points.
The bright point for disheartened Northern Arizona was backup guard Michael Gunn, who scored 17 points.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 48
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 16
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 14