BYU basketball: Cougars jump out to a quick start, defeat Northern Arizona
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
PROVO — It did not take long for BYU to establish a lead over Northern Arizona University, and it only grew as the game went on.
The Cougars easily defeated the visiting Lumberjacks on Thursday night at the Marriott Center, 84-54.
As usual, big nights by Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws, who combined for a total of 42 points, led BYU to victory. Davies finished with a double-double, 27 points and 10 rebounds.
Matt Carlino tallied six of his team's 18 total assists but struggled shooting the ball as he went 3 for 9 from the field for six points.
The bright point for disheartened Northern Arizona was backup guard Michael Gunn, who scored 17 points.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49