BYU basketball: Cougars jump out to a quick start, defeat Northern Arizona
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
PROVO — It did not take long for BYU to establish a lead over Northern Arizona University, and it only grew as the game went on.
The Cougars easily defeated the visiting Lumberjacks on Thursday night at the Marriott Center, 84-54.
As usual, big nights by Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws, who combined for a total of 42 points, led BYU to victory. Davies finished with a double-double, 27 points and 10 rebounds.
Matt Carlino tallied six of his team's 18 total assists but struggled shooting the ball as he went 3 for 9 from the field for six points.
The bright point for disheartened Northern Arizona was backup guard Michael Gunn, who scored 17 points.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 38
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 19