BYU basketball: Cougars jump out to a quick start, defeat Northern Arizona
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
PROVO — It did not take long for BYU to establish a lead over Northern Arizona University, and it only grew as the game went on.
The Cougars easily defeated the visiting Lumberjacks on Thursday night at the Marriott Center, 84-54.
As usual, big nights by Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws, who combined for a total of 42 points, led BYU to victory. Davies finished with a double-double, 27 points and 10 rebounds.
Matt Carlino tallied six of his team's 18 total assists but struggled shooting the ball as he went 3 for 9 from the field for six points.
The bright point for disheartened Northern Arizona was backup guard Michael Gunn, who scored 17 points.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7