Police seek bank robbers, possible links to other robberies
WEST VALLEY CITY — Detectives were investigating a bank robbery Thursday, the fourth in Salt Lake County in two weeks.
About 1 p.m., two men entered Central Credit Union, 4090 S. 4800 West, with guns and took an undisclosed amount of cash, said West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell. Investigators had not yet determined whether the men could be connected to other recent incidents.
On Wednesday, a man robbed the First Utah Bank, 115 E. 1300 South. He was described as being in his early to mid 30s, about 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with a mustache, "bad teeth" and a "bad complexion," according to police. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and running shoes.
On Monday, two men entered Zion's Bank, 420 S. 300 West, one wearing a white hooded sweatshirt and the other in a dark blue hooded sweatshirt. The armed men took an undisclosed amount of cash and left a box of pastries behind, claiming it was a bomb. They duo earned the moniker the "Honey Bun Bandits" because of their efforts.
On Dec. 12, a man robbed U.S. Bank, 2714 S. 300 West. He was described as being between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall with a ponytail and goatee. He was wearing a black and white baseball cap, white athletic jacket and denim pants.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Herriman woman wants murder charge in death...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 13