Police seek bank robbers, possible links to other robberies
WEST VALLEY CITY — Detectives were investigating a bank robbery Thursday, the fourth in Salt Lake County in two weeks.
About 1 p.m., two men entered Central Credit Union, 4090 S. 4800 West, with guns and took an undisclosed amount of cash, said West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell. Investigators had not yet determined whether the men could be connected to other recent incidents.
On Wednesday, a man robbed the First Utah Bank, 115 E. 1300 South. He was described as being in his early to mid 30s, about 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with a mustache, "bad teeth" and a "bad complexion," according to police. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and running shoes.
On Monday, two men entered Zion's Bank, 420 S. 300 West, one wearing a white hooded sweatshirt and the other in a dark blue hooded sweatshirt. The armed men took an undisclosed amount of cash and left a box of pastries behind, claiming it was a bomb. They duo earned the moniker the "Honey Bun Bandits" because of their efforts.
On Dec. 12, a man robbed U.S. Bank, 2714 S. 300 West. He was described as being between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall with a ponytail and goatee. He was wearing a black and white baseball cap, white athletic jacket and denim pants.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17