Police seek bank robbers, possible links to other robberies
WEST VALLEY CITY — Detectives were investigating a bank robbery Thursday, the fourth in Salt Lake County in two weeks.
About 1 p.m., two men entered Central Credit Union, 4090 S. 4800 West, with guns and took an undisclosed amount of cash, said West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell. Investigators had not yet determined whether the men could be connected to other recent incidents.
On Wednesday, a man robbed the First Utah Bank, 115 E. 1300 South. He was described as being in his early to mid 30s, about 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with a mustache, "bad teeth" and a "bad complexion," according to police. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and running shoes.
On Monday, two men entered Zion's Bank, 420 S. 300 West, one wearing a white hooded sweatshirt and the other in a dark blue hooded sweatshirt. The armed men took an undisclosed amount of cash and left a box of pastries behind, claiming it was a bomb. They duo earned the moniker the "Honey Bun Bandits" because of their efforts.
On Dec. 12, a man robbed U.S. Bank, 2714 S. 300 West. He was described as being between 5 feet 9 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall with a ponytail and goatee. He was wearing a black and white baseball cap, white athletic jacket and denim pants.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8