Salt Lake City's EVE celebration plans family fun, entertainment
SALT LAKE CITY — Event organizers of EVE, Salt Lake City's three-day New Year's celebration Dec. 29-31, hope the celebration will have something for everyone.
Passes for EVE are $15 and include entry to 10 venues, including live music at the Gallivan Center and a family festival at The Gateway mall. Free entertainment and activities are available at various venues on and around Temple Square, including the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, the Assembly Hall and the Tabernacle.
The remaining venues include Discovery Gateway, Clark Planetarium, Utah Museum of Contemporary Art, Off-Broadway Theatre, Broadway Cinema and The Leonardo.
According to Nick Como, communications director for EVE, the focus this year was to highlight venues in Salt Lake City and to provide a good separation for what young people and families could do.
"We decided to go in two different directions, one of them being this live music that will appeal to the (young) crowd, as well as the family festival over at Gateway, which will appeal to families," said Como
Highlights of the family festival at The Gateway include balloon twisters, glow-in-the-dark building blocks, face painting, the Creative Capsule and a Radio Disney kids countdown Dec. 31 at 7 p.m.
Temple Square events include sing-alongs of children's songs, choir and instrumental performances and historical scavenger hunts, while the Gallivan Center will host seven live bands, including the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Nick Waterhouse and No-Nation Orchestra.
In addition to the $15 pass, a VIP pass is available for $40 and includes entrance to a private porch at the Gallivan Center.
Times and locations vary by event. For more information and to view the schedule, visit www.eveslc.com
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- Utahns react to death of former Salt Lake...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- House leaders counter Healthy Utah, question...
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Salt Lake City named among top 10 downtown...
- Bill eliminating statute of limitations in...
- Police piecing together background of...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 40
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 28
- House leaders counter Healthy Utah,... 27
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 25
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 21
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 19
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 18
- Obama plans trip to South Carolina,... 12