Second shooting victim found dead in Sandy fire identified
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — Investigators have positively identified a woman found dead in a house fire almost two weeks ago.
The bodies of Alice Griego, 55, and Ralph J. Salazar, 59, were found inside the master bedroom at 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9420 South) on the morning of Dec. 14. An autopsy determined both were killed as a result of being shot. Their bodies were found on a bed that was intentionally set on fire, according to investigators.
Because of the burns sustained by the victims, investigators had to use dental records to positively identify the couple.
Unified police do not believe the victims were chosen at random, but as of Thursday had not announced any possible suspects or a motive.
Salazar was the owner of the home where the bodies were found. Griego worked in the bakery of a Smith's grocery store for more than a decade, according to investigators.
Anyone with information on the crime can call police at 801-754-5915.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9