Second shooting victim found dead in Sandy fire identified
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — Investigators have positively identified a woman found dead in a house fire almost two weeks ago.
The bodies of Alice Griego, 55, and Ralph J. Salazar, 59, were found inside the master bedroom at 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9420 South) on the morning of Dec. 14. An autopsy determined both were killed as a result of being shot. Their bodies were found on a bed that was intentionally set on fire, according to investigators.
Because of the burns sustained by the victims, investigators had to use dental records to positively identify the couple.
Unified police do not believe the victims were chosen at random, but as of Thursday had not announced any possible suspects or a motive.
Salazar was the owner of the home where the bodies were found. Griego worked in the bakery of a Smith's grocery store for more than a decade, according to investigators.
Anyone with information on the crime can call police at 801-754-5915.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 45
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 32
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 20
- Twice-deported man arrested in Salt... 17
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries 13
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint... 13
- Provo transit project set to begin,... 13