Second shooting victim found dead in Sandy fire identified
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — Investigators have positively identified a woman found dead in a house fire almost two weeks ago.
The bodies of Alice Griego, 55, and Ralph J. Salazar, 59, were found inside the master bedroom at 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9420 South) on the morning of Dec. 14. An autopsy determined both were killed as a result of being shot. Their bodies were found on a bed that was intentionally set on fire, according to investigators.
Because of the burns sustained by the victims, investigators had to use dental records to positively identify the couple.
Unified police do not believe the victims were chosen at random, but as of Thursday had not announced any possible suspects or a motive.
Salazar was the owner of the home where the bodies were found. Griego worked in the bakery of a Smith's grocery store for more than a decade, according to investigators.
Anyone with information on the crime can call police at 801-754-5915.
- Video: Utah man uses 'random acts of pasta'...
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law requiring body...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 37
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for... 25
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law... 24