Second shooting victim found dead in Sandy fire identified
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — Investigators have positively identified a woman found dead in a house fire almost two weeks ago.
The bodies of Alice Griego, 55, and Ralph J. Salazar, 59, were found inside the master bedroom at 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9420 South) on the morning of Dec. 14. An autopsy determined both were killed as a result of being shot. Their bodies were found on a bed that was intentionally set on fire, according to investigators.
Because of the burns sustained by the victims, investigators had to use dental records to positively identify the couple.
Unified police do not believe the victims were chosen at random, but as of Thursday had not announced any possible suspects or a motive.
Salazar was the owner of the home where the bodies were found. Griego worked in the bakery of a Smith's grocery store for more than a decade, according to investigators.
Anyone with information on the crime can call police at 801-754-5915.
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12