Second shooting victim found dead in Sandy fire identified
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — Investigators have positively identified a woman found dead in a house fire almost two weeks ago.
The bodies of Alice Griego, 55, and Ralph J. Salazar, 59, were found inside the master bedroom at 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9420 South) on the morning of Dec. 14. An autopsy determined both were killed as a result of being shot. Their bodies were found on a bed that was intentionally set on fire, according to investigators.
Because of the burns sustained by the victims, investigators had to use dental records to positively identify the couple.
Unified police do not believe the victims were chosen at random, but as of Thursday had not announced any possible suspects or a motive.
Salazar was the owner of the home where the bodies were found. Griego worked in the bakery of a Smith's grocery store for more than a decade, according to investigators.
Anyone with information on the crime can call police at 801-754-5915.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- 8 injured in 3-car West Haven crash
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11