No reindeer, but Utah Jazz get run over by the Golden State Warriors (+video)
"Bad shooting," Corbin said. "(We took) some shots too early in the zone and we bailed (Golden State) out by taking early shots instead of going inside. The shots looked good, but they weren't going in so we should have tried something a little different."
One thing Corbin wouldn't do different?
Change the way he handled the Christmas break. All NBA teams are required to give players at least one day off around Christmas, but the Jazz were essentially given both Dec. 24 and 25 off other than some treatment and light non-court work on Christmas Eve.
Corbin bristled and said "No" when asked if he second-guessed giving them both days off.
"It wasn't like it was a surprise game," Corbin said. "We knew we had to play today, so you had to do whatever you had to do to get yourself ready."
Things got a bit chippy in the first half when Favors and Jack got into what the Jazz forward called "just a little shoving match." It started when Enes Kanter rebounded the ball and swung his arms into the Warriors' Carl Landry. Jack then approached Kanter, and the Golden State guard was greeted by Favors, a fellow Georgia Tech product.
Favors and Jack both received technical fouls — as did Kanter — but the Georgia Tech products laughed it off at halftime.
"He walked up on Enes and I just walked up on him, and that's how it happened," Favors said. "We (are) friends in the summertime and off the court, but on the court we (are) enemies. He walked up to my teammate, so I've got to help out."
Unfortunately for the Jazz, that's about all the help they got from each other all night.
NOTES: Starting point guard Mo Williams missed his second straight game with what the team is calling a "severely sprained right thumb." ... It doesn't get any easier for the Jazz, who host the red-hot Clippers on Friday and play them again Sunday in Los Angeles. ... Big Al didn't play in the fourth quarter after the Jazz found themselves trailing by 22. ... Utah has lost two in a row at home.
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA...
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout tour...
- Morning links: Sports figures react to...
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to make...
- Ranking the best shooting guards in the NBA...
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets new...
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out for...
- Utah Jazz face decision of pursuing free...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 70
- Morning links: Sports figures react to... 70
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to... 35
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 25
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets... 16
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws... 13
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out... 13