MIDVALE — A man was hospitalized Wednesday after police say he slipped on the ice and was run over by a passing vehicle.
At about 4 p.m., a large truck had pulled out of a parking lot and was headed south, at about 7350 S. State Street, when a pedestrian either stepped out in front of the moving vehicle or slipped on the ice, said Unified police Lt. John Barker. He said the vehicle's front wheel went over the man.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition, but his injuries were unknown, Barker said.
The vehicle was traveling about 10 to 15 mph at the time of the accident. Police were investigating the scene. No charges had been filed as of Wednesday evening.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15