MIDVALE — A man was hospitalized Wednesday after police say he slipped on the ice and was run over by a passing vehicle.
At about 4 p.m., a large truck had pulled out of a parking lot and was headed south, at about 7350 S. State Street, when a pedestrian either stepped out in front of the moving vehicle or slipped on the ice, said Unified police Lt. John Barker. He said the vehicle's front wheel went over the man.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition, but his injuries were unknown, Barker said.
The vehicle was traveling about 10 to 15 mph at the time of the accident. Police were investigating the scene. No charges had been filed as of Wednesday evening.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Splash pad in N. Salt Lake’s Legacy...
- Panel seeks submissions for West Bountiful...
- Mapleton to discuss proposed road fee on June 15
- GOED board OKs grants to help 8 rural businesses
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 18
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8