MIDVALE — A man was hospitalized Wednesday after police say he slipped on the ice and was run over by a passing vehicle.
At about 4 p.m., a large truck had pulled out of a parking lot and was headed south, at about 7350 S. State Street, when a pedestrian either stepped out in front of the moving vehicle or slipped on the ice, said Unified police Lt. John Barker. He said the vehicle's front wheel went over the man.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition, but his injuries were unknown, Barker said.
The vehicle was traveling about 10 to 15 mph at the time of the accident. Police were investigating the scene. No charges had been filed as of Wednesday evening.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12