MIDVALE — A man was hospitalized Wednesday after police say he slipped on the ice and was run over by a passing vehicle.
At about 4 p.m., a large truck had pulled out of a parking lot and was headed south, at about 7350 S. State Street, when a pedestrian either stepped out in front of the moving vehicle or slipped on the ice, said Unified police Lt. John Barker. He said the vehicle's front wheel went over the man.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition, but his injuries were unknown, Barker said.
The vehicle was traveling about 10 to 15 mph at the time of the accident. Police were investigating the scene. No charges had been filed as of Wednesday evening.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14