MIDVALE — A man was hospitalized Wednesday after police say he slipped on the ice and was run over by a passing vehicle.
At about 4 p.m., a large truck had pulled out of a parking lot and was headed south, at about 7350 S. State Street, when a pedestrian either stepped out in front of the moving vehicle or slipped on the ice, said Unified police Lt. John Barker. He said the vehicle's front wheel went over the man.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition, but his injuries were unknown, Barker said.
The vehicle was traveling about 10 to 15 mph at the time of the accident. Police were investigating the scene. No charges had been filed as of Wednesday evening.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17