Alabama dad reacts with glee to getting a ticket to the BCS title game vs. Notre Dame (+video)
Most dads consider themselves fortunate to get a new tie or pair of socks from their kids for Christmas, but one Alabama father is doubtlessly considering himself the luckiest man on Earth this week.
For many in the American South, football is more than just a game — it's a way of life. For Alabama fans over the years, and particularly recently, life has been very good. The Crimson Tide lost but a single game this year, won the Southeastern Conference championship, and will play in the Bowl Championship Series championship game Jan. 7, 2013.
Rick Buckhannan's dad, Don Buckhannan, is obviously a big fan of the Crimson Tide. In what many consider to be the glory days of Alabama football, legendary coach Bear Bryant patrolled the sidelines in a fedora cap. So, naturally, Rick bought his dad one of those fedora caps for Christmas, and naturally, his dad was pleased.
But the look on his dad's face when he looks inside his new hat and pulls out a ticket to the big game is absolutely priceless.
Tickets to the BCS championship cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars apiece. As of this writing, the least expensive ticket to the BCS title game costs $941 on StubHub.com, but Rick Buckhannan considers himself blessed to be able to have given the gift despite the cost. In the description of the video on YouTube, Rick wrote, "(I) was blessed to be able to give my dad a ticket to the championship game."
If the video is any indication, his dad feels just as blessed to have received it.
- 3 Utah mothers to compete in U.S. Olympic...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: The romance of restraint
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved ones...
- Free marriage check-up clinic offered at...
- The Clean Cut: Kelly Clarkson announces...
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on Valentine's Day
- The heart of the matter: What your pulse says...
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- If Splenda gives Swiss rats cancer,... 6
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved... 2
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on... 1
- Orchestra of Southern Utah Children's... 0
- The heart of the matter: What your... 0
- Motherhood Matters: How to manage... 0
- The Clean Cut: New trailer for... 0