Alabama dad reacts with glee to getting a ticket to the BCS title game vs. Notre Dame (+video)
Most dads consider themselves fortunate to get a new tie or pair of socks from their kids for Christmas, but one Alabama father is doubtlessly considering himself the luckiest man on Earth this week.
For many in the American South, football is more than just a game — it's a way of life. For Alabama fans over the years, and particularly recently, life has been very good. The Crimson Tide lost but a single game this year, won the Southeastern Conference championship, and will play in the Bowl Championship Series championship game Jan. 7, 2013.
Rick Buckhannan's dad, Don Buckhannan, is obviously a big fan of the Crimson Tide. In what many consider to be the glory days of Alabama football, legendary coach Bear Bryant patrolled the sidelines in a fedora cap. So, naturally, Rick bought his dad one of those fedora caps for Christmas, and naturally, his dad was pleased.
But the look on his dad's face when he looks inside his new hat and pulls out a ticket to the big game is absolutely priceless.
Tickets to the BCS championship cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars apiece. As of this writing, the least expensive ticket to the BCS title game costs $941 on StubHub.com, but Rick Buckhannan considers himself blessed to be able to have given the gift despite the cost. In the description of the video on YouTube, Rick wrote, "(I) was blessed to be able to give my dad a ticket to the championship game."
If the video is any indication, his dad feels just as blessed to have received it.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- The Clean Cut: Beluga whale teases children...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 33
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Provo company creates program that... 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS... 14
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11