TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10