TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 31
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 15