TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 23
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 16
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16