TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14