TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10