TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 83
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15