TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Two cyclists killed after Lehi accident
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on...
- Alleged mastermind in sex trafficking ring...
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for sale'...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 24
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 22
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18