TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 28
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17