TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15