TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 31
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27