TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 135
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 90
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 76
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35