TAYLORSVILLE — The city is seeking applicants to fill its interim mayoral term, as Mayor Russ Wall has announced his resignation effective Jan. 8 to take a position in Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams' staff as director of public works.
Residents have until Jan. 4 to apply for consideration for the appointment. Those interested must fill out an application at City Hall. Applicants must be a Taylorsville resident for the past 12 months, be a registered voter and not be a convicted felon.
At 6:30 p.m. Jan. 9, the City Council will review the names, interview the applicants and vote on who shall fill the remaining term. The term expires on Dec. 31, 2013.
The new mayor will be sworn in at noon Jan. 10.
For more information, applicants can contact Cheryl Cottle, city recorder, at 801-963-5400.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11