BYU Cougar-bound guard Nick Emery receives mission call to Germany
Lone Peak guard Nick Emery, who signed with the BYU basketball program in November, has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Frankfurt Germany Mission.
Emery is scheduled to enter the Missionary Training Center on May 1.
Video of Emery opening his mission call on Christmas Eve has been posted to Vimeo.com.
Emery is averaging 18.6 points per game for the Knights, who are one of the top teams in the nation. In his career, Emery has scored 1,693 points and drained 241 3-pointers.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25