BYU Cougar-bound guard Nick Emery receives mission call to Germany
Lone Peak guard Nick Emery, who signed with the BYU basketball program in November, has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Frankfurt Germany Mission.
Emery is scheduled to enter the Missionary Training Center on May 1.
Video of Emery opening his mission call on Christmas Eve has been posted to Vimeo.com.
Emery is averaging 18.6 points per game for the Knights, who are one of the top teams in the nation. In his career, Emery has scored 1,693 points and drained 241 3-pointers.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 81
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34