Boy killed in sledding accident remembered as loving son
FOUNTAIN GREEN — The 6-year-old boy killed in a sledding accident in Fairview Canyon during the weekend was identified as Drake Gideon Cox of Fountain Green.
The boy was killed while sledding with his family Saturday. The Sanpete County Sheriff's Office reported the boy "was coming down the hill pretty fast and struck a tree. He suffered serious head trauma."
In his obituary, family members lovingly recalled how Drake would say every day, "This is the best day ever!"
"Every day with Drake is the best day ever! He enjoys the vacations to Disneyland and the beach in California, swimming and spending time with his family. Drake loves collecting things and wrapping them, giving them as gifts with attached notes saying 'I Love You,'" according to the obituary.
Family members also remembered the boy as being affectionate, having a witty sense of humor and loving to play with his brother, cousins and friends.
"Family movie nights are always a special occasion that has to include popcorn. He loves his Mohawk hair cut and when mom combs it different, he says it looks goofy and changes it back," according to the obit.
Funeral services were scheduled for Thursday at the Moroni LDS Stake Center.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- 10-year-old honored for saving little brother
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 84
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16