Boy killed in sledding accident remembered as loving son
FOUNTAIN GREEN — The 6-year-old boy killed in a sledding accident in Fairview Canyon during the weekend was identified as Drake Gideon Cox of Fountain Green.
The boy was killed while sledding with his family Saturday. The Sanpete County Sheriff's Office reported the boy "was coming down the hill pretty fast and struck a tree. He suffered serious head trauma."
In his obituary, family members lovingly recalled how Drake would say every day, "This is the best day ever!"
"Every day with Drake is the best day ever! He enjoys the vacations to Disneyland and the beach in California, swimming and spending time with his family. Drake loves collecting things and wrapping them, giving them as gifts with attached notes saying 'I Love You,'" according to the obituary.
Family members also remembered the boy as being affectionate, having a witty sense of humor and loving to play with his brother, cousins and friends.
"Family movie nights are always a special occasion that has to include popcorn. He loves his Mohawk hair cut and when mom combs it different, he says it looks goofy and changes it back," according to the obit.
Funeral services were scheduled for Thursday at the Moroni LDS Stake Center.
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- Mother, former LDS seminary teacher creates...
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- Man dies in head-on collision after truck...
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder Keith...
- Police identify man killed in I-80 rollover
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 70
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 23
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13
- Stolen identity: Congressman Jason... 12