FOUNTAIN GREEN — The 6-year-old boy killed in a sledding accident in Fairview Canyon during the weekend was identified as Drake Gideon Cox of Fountain Green.
The boy was killed while sledding with his family Saturday. The Sanpete County Sheriff's Office reported the boy "was coming down the hill pretty fast and struck a tree. He suffered serious head trauma."
In his obituary, family members lovingly recalled how Drake would say every day, "This is the best day ever!"
"Every day with Drake is the best day ever! He enjoys the vacations to Disneyland and the beach in California, swimming and spending time with his family. Drake loves collecting things and wrapping them, giving them as gifts with attached notes saying 'I Love You,'" according to the obituary.
Family members also remembered the boy as being affectionate, having a witty sense of humor and loving to play with his brother, cousins and friends.
"Family movie nights are always a special occasion that has to include popcorn. He loves his Mohawk hair cut and when mom combs it different, he says it looks goofy and changes it back," according to the obit.
Funeral services were scheduled for Thursday at the Moroni LDS Stake Center.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong weeks...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 41
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 21
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 10
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 10
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah... 9
- 1,200 gather in Salt Lake, take part in... 8