FOUNTAIN GREEN — The 6-year-old boy killed in a sledding accident in Fairview Canyon during the weekend was identified as Drake Gideon Cox of Fountain Green.
The boy was killed while sledding with his family Saturday. The Sanpete County Sheriff's Office reported the boy "was coming down the hill pretty fast and struck a tree. He suffered serious head trauma."
In his obituary, family members lovingly recalled how Drake would say every day, "This is the best day ever!"
"Every day with Drake is the best day ever! He enjoys the vacations to Disneyland and the beach in California, swimming and spending time with his family. Drake loves collecting things and wrapping them, giving them as gifts with attached notes saying 'I Love You,'" according to the obituary.
Family members also remembered the boy as being affectionate, having a witty sense of humor and loving to play with his brother, cousins and friends.
"Family movie nights are always a special occasion that has to include popcorn. He loves his Mohawk hair cut and when mom combs it different, he says it looks goofy and changes it back," according to the obit.
Funeral services were scheduled for Thursday at the Moroni LDS Stake Center.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11