OGDEN — Police are searching for the driver of a car they believe struck and killed a pedestrian Monday night before fleeing the scene.
Ogden Police Lt. Chad Ledford said a 56-year-old Ogden man, whose identity has not yet been released, was crossing Wall Avenue near 26th street with his wife when he was struck by a dark-colored four-dour sedan. The man was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Ledford said the incident occurred around 6:30 p.m. Witnesses told police that the vehicle briefly pulled over the side of the road and stopped before continuing away from the accident.
On Tuesday Ledford said the driver had not yet been identified but authorities were following up on leads.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 42
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16