OGDEN — Police are searching for the driver of a car they believe struck and killed a pedestrian Monday night before fleeing the scene.
Ogden Police Lt. Chad Ledford said a 56-year-old Ogden man, whose identity has not yet been released, was crossing Wall Avenue near 26th street with his wife when he was struck by a dark-colored four-dour sedan. The man was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Ledford said the incident occurred around 6:30 p.m. Witnesses told police that the vehicle briefly pulled over the side of the road and stopped before continuing away from the accident.
On Tuesday Ledford said the driver had not yet been identified but authorities were following up on leads.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 38
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9