OGDEN — Police are searching for the driver of a car they believe struck and killed a pedestrian Monday night before fleeing the scene.
Ogden Police Lt. Chad Ledford said a 56-year-old Ogden man, whose identity has not yet been released, was crossing Wall Avenue near 26th street with his wife when he was struck by a dark-colored four-dour sedan. The man was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Ledford said the incident occurred around 6:30 p.m. Witnesses told police that the vehicle briefly pulled over the side of the road and stopped before continuing away from the accident.
On Tuesday Ledford said the driver had not yet been identified but authorities were following up on leads.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19