OGDEN — Police are searching for the driver of a car they believe struck and killed a pedestrian Monday night before fleeing the scene.
Ogden Police Lt. Chad Ledford said a 56-year-old Ogden man, whose identity has not yet been released, was crossing Wall Avenue near 26th street with his wife when he was struck by a dark-colored four-dour sedan. The man was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Ledford said the incident occurred around 6:30 p.m. Witnesses told police that the vehicle briefly pulled over the side of the road and stopped before continuing away from the accident.
On Tuesday Ledford said the driver had not yet been identified but authorities were following up on leads.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10