OGDEN — Police are searching for the driver of a car they believe struck and killed a pedestrian Monday night before fleeing the scene.
Ogden Police Lt. Chad Ledford said a 56-year-old Ogden man, whose identity has not yet been released, was crossing Wall Avenue near 26th street with his wife when he was struck by a dark-colored four-dour sedan. The man was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Ledford said the incident occurred around 6:30 p.m. Witnesses told police that the vehicle briefly pulled over the side of the road and stopped before continuing away from the accident.
On Tuesday Ledford said the driver had not yet been identified but authorities were following up on leads.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22