Police searching for suspect in multiple Christmas Eve robberies
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a single suspect in three separate armed robberies at convenience stores on Christmas Eve.
The first robbery occurred at the 7-Eleven at 705 E. 3rd Avenue and the other was not far from there, at 309 E. 400 South. A third occurred at a Tesoro gas station, at 874 E. 1300 South. All three occurred between 7 and 8 p.m., said Salt Lake City police Lt. Carl Merino.
Merino said the man — believed to be a white male in his 20s or 30s — was wearing dark clothing and a mask and gloves, showed a handgun and demanded money at all three locations. A customer confronted the man at the third location, after which the suspect fled.
Police believe the same man committed all three alleged robberies. Anyone who may have information on the crimes is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 125
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9