Police searching for suspect in multiple Christmas Eve robberies
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a single suspect in three separate armed robberies at convenience stores on Christmas Eve.
The first robbery occurred at the 7-Eleven at 705 E. 3rd Avenue and the other was not far from there, at 309 E. 400 South. A third occurred at a Tesoro gas station, at 874 E. 1300 South. All three occurred between 7 and 8 p.m., said Salt Lake City police Lt. Carl Merino.
Merino said the man — believed to be a white male in his 20s or 30s — was wearing dark clothing and a mask and gloves, showed a handgun and demanded money at all three locations. A customer confronted the man at the third location, after which the suspect fled.
Police believe the same man committed all three alleged robberies. Anyone who may have information on the crimes is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9