Police searching for suspect in multiple Christmas Eve robberies
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a single suspect in three separate armed robberies at convenience stores on Christmas Eve.
The first robbery occurred at the 7-Eleven at 705 E. 3rd Avenue and the other was not far from there, at 309 E. 400 South. A third occurred at a Tesoro gas station, at 874 E. 1300 South. All three occurred between 7 and 8 p.m., said Salt Lake City police Lt. Carl Merino.
Merino said the man — believed to be a white male in his 20s or 30s — was wearing dark clothing and a mask and gloves, showed a handgun and demanded money at all three locations. A customer confronted the man at the third location, after which the suspect fled.
Police believe the same man committed all three alleged robberies. Anyone who may have information on the crimes is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 27
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12