SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a single suspect in three separate armed robberies at convenience stores on Christmas Eve.
The first robbery occurred at the 7-Eleven at 705 E. 3rd Avenue and the other was not far from there, at 309 E. 400 South. A third occurred at a Tesoro gas station, at 874 E. 1300 South. All three occurred between 7 and 8 p.m., said Salt Lake City police Lt. Carl Merino.
Merino said the man — believed to be a white male in his 20s or 30s — was wearing dark clothing and a mask and gloves, showed a handgun and demanded money at all three locations. A customer confronted the man at the third location, after which the suspect fled.
Police believe the same man committed all three alleged robberies. Anyone who may have information on the crimes is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash shared...
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage in...
- House approves distracted driving bill
- Gov. Herbert calls 2014 Legislature a success
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 67
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 37
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 27
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 27
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 25