WSU basketball: Weber State's Jordan Richardson named Big Sky Player of the Week
Weber State Athletics
OGDEN, Utah - After leading his team to two road wins in Big Sky Conference play, Weber State junior Jordan Richardson has been named the Co-Big Sky men’s basketball Player of the Week. He shared this week’s honor with Montana’s Mathias Ward. Richardson was also named the Weber State Student-Athlete of the Week.
Richardson, a 6-foot-1 guard from Lewisville, Texas, averaged 14.5 points, four assists, two rebounds and a steal in road wins over Eastern Washington and Portland State last weekend. Richardson shot 70 percent from 3-point range (7-of-10) and 60 percent overall from the floor. He also had just two turnovers in 62 minutes of action.
In a 74-53 victory over Eastern Washington on Dec. 20, he scored a season-high 15 points with three assists, three rebounds and a steal. He was 3-of-5 from 3-point range and 4-of-6 from the free-throw line. In a 73-69 overtime in over Portland State on Saturday, Richardson scored 14 points with five assists, a rebound and a steal. He also made 4-of-5 from 3-point range.
On the season, Richardson leads the Big Sky in three-point field goal percentage at 55.9 percent and is fourth in three-pointers made per game. He also leads the Big Sky in assist to turnover ratio at 3.2. He has had 29 assists and just nine turnovers this season. He is averaging 9.9 points and 3.2 assists per game this season.
This is his first career Big Sky Player of the Week honor.
Richardson and the Wildcats are 6-3 on the season and 2-0 in Big Sky play. They will step out of conference play this week to host the University of the Southwest on Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
Paul Grua is the Director of Athletic Communications at Weber State University.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 63
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37