FORT DUCHESNE, Uintah County — After kicking everybody out of his house during a party a man attacked a woman with a machete when she returned to get her cell phone, police said..
Stuart Wade Mojado, 22, was arrested Sunday morning after police were called to the Uintah Basin Medical Center on reports of a stabbing victim, according to a release from the Uintah County Sheriff's department.
The victim said that she was leaving Mojado's residence in the Richardson subdivision when she realized she forgot her cell phone. When she went back inside the house she was encountered by Mojado, whom she said had a machete.
Mojado told the victim to leave and when the victim said she was looking for her phone he struck her arm twice with the machete, police said.
The woman fled the house and was taken to a hospital, where she underwent surgery for her wounds.
The Uintah County Sheriff's Department attempted to make contact with Mojado at his residence but he refused to leave the house.
Officers obtained a search warrant and forced entry into Mojado's house at about 7:15 a.m. Sunday morning, according to Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Dustin Cheshire.
Mojado was intoxicated at the time of the attack and officers said they found illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia and a firearm during the search of his house.
The woman was expected to recover from her injuries.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong weeks...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Early diagnosis may be key in slowing...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 40
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 21
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 10
- New app helps consumers purchase... 9
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah... 9
- Utah lawmakers look to regulate child... 8