FORT DUCHESNE, Uintah County — After kicking everybody out of his house during a party a man attacked a woman with a machete when she returned to get her cell phone, police said..
Stuart Wade Mojado, 22, was arrested Sunday morning after police were called to the Uintah Basin Medical Center on reports of a stabbing victim, according to a release from the Uintah County Sheriff's department.
The victim said that she was leaving Mojado's residence in the Richardson subdivision when she realized she forgot her cell phone. When she went back inside the house she was encountered by Mojado, whom she said had a machete.
Mojado told the victim to leave and when the victim said she was looking for her phone he struck her arm twice with the machete, police said.
The woman fled the house and was taken to a hospital, where she underwent surgery for her wounds.
The Uintah County Sheriff's Department attempted to make contact with Mojado at his residence but he refused to leave the house.
Officers obtained a search warrant and forced entry into Mojado's house at about 7:15 a.m. Sunday morning, according to Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Dustin Cheshire.
Mojado was intoxicated at the time of the attack and officers said they found illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia and a firearm during the search of his house.
The woman was expected to recover from her injuries.
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- District attorney asks A.G. to consider...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- Two killed in high-speed, fiery crash into...
- 2 hospitalized after 6-car pileup in Centerville
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 126
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 75
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 31
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19