HELPER — Police here are investigating an apparent murder-suicide.
At 12:47 p.m. Sunday, officers were called to a house on Bryner Street on a report of a shooting, according to a short statement released from Helper Police Chief Trent Anderson.
The first arriving officers "heard gunfire coming from the back of the residence," Anderson wrote in his statement. Outside the house, officers found two deceased men. Anderson said the situation appeared to be a murder-suicide, though he did not elaborate on Sunday.
The identities of the men were not released Sunday nor any information about whether they lived at the residence or what their relationship was to each other.
Several children were in the house at the time of the shooting, none were injured, Anderson said.
Anderson called the incident an "on-going investigation" and said more information would be released at a later time.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 135
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 90
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 76
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35