HELPER — Police here are investigating an apparent murder-suicide.
At 12:47 p.m. Sunday, officers were called to a house on Bryner Street on a report of a shooting, according to a short statement released from Helper Police Chief Trent Anderson.
The first arriving officers "heard gunfire coming from the back of the residence," Anderson wrote in his statement. Outside the house, officers found two deceased men. Anderson said the situation appeared to be a murder-suicide, though he did not elaborate on Sunday.
The identities of the men were not released Sunday nor any information about whether they lived at the residence or what their relationship was to each other.
Several children were in the house at the time of the shooting, none were injured, Anderson said.
Anderson called the incident an "on-going investigation" and said more information would be released at a later time.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19