HELPER — Police here are investigating an apparent murder-suicide.
At 12:47 p.m. Sunday, officers were called to a house on Bryner Street on a report of a shooting, according to a short statement released from Helper Police Chief Trent Anderson.
The first arriving officers "heard gunfire coming from the back of the residence," Anderson wrote in his statement. Outside the house, officers found two deceased men. Anderson said the situation appeared to be a murder-suicide, though he did not elaborate on Sunday.
The identities of the men were not released Sunday nor any information about whether they lived at the residence or what their relationship was to each other.
Several children were in the house at the time of the shooting, none were injured, Anderson said.
Anderson called the incident an "on-going investigation" and said more information would be released at a later time.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13