HELPER — Police here are investigating an apparent murder-suicide.
At 12:47 p.m. Sunday, officers were called to a house on Bryner Street on a report of a shooting, according to a short statement released from Helper Police Chief Trent Anderson.
The first arriving officers "heard gunfire coming from the back of the residence," Anderson wrote in his statement. Outside the house, officers found two deceased men. Anderson said the situation appeared to be a murder-suicide, though he did not elaborate on Sunday.
The identities of the men were not released Sunday nor any information about whether they lived at the residence or what their relationship was to each other.
Several children were in the house at the time of the shooting, none were injured, Anderson said.
Anderson called the incident an "on-going investigation" and said more information would be released at a later time.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17