Utah Jazz: Jazz come back from early deficit, sneak away with win in Orlando
Sunday's narrow 97-93 win for the Jazz came down to free-throw shooting in the final minute. The Jazz made all but one, and Orlando missed.
After two free-throw makes by Randy Foye, Utah had a four-point advantage with 17 seconds remaining. Only seconds later, Orlando shooting guard J.J. Redick kept the pressure on the visiting team by sinking a quick 3-pointer and slicing the Jazz lead to one.
Jazz forward Paul Millsap was sent to the free-throw line and made 1 of 2.
Then, with the game clock winding down and Utah up by two points, the Jazz fouled Orlando forward Gustavo Ayon going to the basket. He missed the first one, and Utah got the rebound when Ayon missed the second one intentionally.
The Jazz started the game in a slump and found themselves down by 16 points early in the second quarter. However, they got their feet under them and finished the quarter on a 15-3 run in the final six minutes of the first half.
The Jazz finished with six players in double figures, including highs from Paul Millsap with 18 points and Gordon Hayward with 17 points.
Alec Burks made his presence felt off the bench tonight, although he only finished with eight points, he was plus-17 in the plus-minus column.
Orlando shooting guard Arron Afflalo chipped in a game-high 20 points in 38 minutes of play.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35