Utah Jazz basketball: Only down by one at halftime against Orlando, 47-46
For the first quarter, it appeared the Utah Jazz were still hung up on their tough loss in Miami Saturday night.
However after getting off to a slow start, the Jazz held Orlando to just one point in the final six minutes to finish the half down by one, 47-46.
Utah was led by Paul Millsap, who tallied 10 points and six rebounds in the first 24 minutes.
Arron Afflalo, the starting shooting guard for Orlando, was the leading scorer for his team with 13 points.
Jazz point guard Mo Williams did not play and will indefinitely sit out with a thumb injury.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28