FAIRVIEW — A 6-year-old boy was killed in a sledding accident in Fairview Canyon on Saturday.
The boy, whose name was not immediately released, was sledding with a group of family members. The Sanpete County Sheriff's Office reported the boy "was coming down the hill pretty fast and struck a tree. He suffered serious head trauma."
The boy's family rushed him to Sanpete Valley Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The sheriff's office said they wanted to respect the family's request for privacy at this time.
Additional information will be posted when available.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Angelina Jolie announcement leads to... 12