Utah Jazz: Mo Williams injures right thumb against Miami
MIAMI — Mo Williams didn't play the second half of the Utah Jazz's 105-89 blowout loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday after suffering an injury.
And the Jazz's starting point guard is hoping the injury isn't any more serious than the current diagnosis of being a sprained right thumb. He'll have an MRI taken on this thumb — either in Orlando or in Salt Lake City — to determine the severity.
"It's going back to the feeling I had when I tore it (in 2008). It’s the same feeling," a dejected Williams said. "I'm just crossing my fingers that the MRI is negative."
Williams said this issue isn't related to the injury he dealt with earlier this season. He required offseason surgery to repair a torn ligament in this thumb in 2008.
The 30-year-old playmaker said he got hurt in the first half when he swiped at the ball and hit Mario Chalmers' leg.
"It was just a throbbing feeling after that," he said.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin wouldn't specify whether Jamaal Tinsley or Earl Watson will start tonight at Orlando if Williams can't go.
Without Williams, the Jazz gave up an 8-0 run to the Heat to begin the second half Saturday, a Miami run that turned a four-point halftime game into a rout.
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should hear...
- BYU assistant football coach is also Bishop...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame like...
- BYU football: Cougars agree to home-and-home...
- Deseret News previews of all 103 varsity...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 142
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 106
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 89
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 75
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 52
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 45
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of... 27
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame... 24