Utah Jazz: Mo Williams injures right thumb against Miami
MIAMI — Mo Williams didn't play the second half of the Utah Jazz's 105-89 blowout loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday after suffering an injury.
And the Jazz's starting point guard is hoping the injury isn't any more serious than the current diagnosis of being a sprained right thumb. He'll have an MRI taken on this thumb — either in Orlando or in Salt Lake City — to determine the severity.
"It's going back to the feeling I had when I tore it (in 2008). It’s the same feeling," a dejected Williams said. "I'm just crossing my fingers that the MRI is negative."
Williams said this issue isn't related to the injury he dealt with earlier this season. He required offseason surgery to repair a torn ligament in this thumb in 2008.
The 30-year-old playmaker said he got hurt in the first half when he swiped at the ball and hit Mario Chalmers' leg.
"It was just a throbbing feeling after that," he said.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin wouldn't specify whether Jamaal Tinsley or Earl Watson will start tonight at Orlando if Williams can't go.
Without Williams, the Jazz gave up an 8-0 run to the Heat to begin the second half Saturday, a Miami run that turned a four-point halftime game into a rout.
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 60
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 48
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 41