Utah Jazz: Mo Williams injures right thumb against Miami
MIAMI — Mo Williams didn't play the second half of the Utah Jazz's 105-89 blowout loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday after suffering an injury.
And the Jazz's starting point guard is hoping the injury isn't any more serious than the current diagnosis of being a sprained right thumb. He'll have an MRI taken on this thumb — either in Orlando or in Salt Lake City — to determine the severity.
"It's going back to the feeling I had when I tore it (in 2008). It’s the same feeling," a dejected Williams said. "I'm just crossing my fingers that the MRI is negative."
Williams said this issue isn't related to the injury he dealt with earlier this season. He required offseason surgery to repair a torn ligament in this thumb in 2008.
The 30-year-old playmaker said he got hurt in the first half when he swiped at the ball and hit Mario Chalmers' leg.
"It was just a throbbing feeling after that," he said.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin wouldn't specify whether Jamaal Tinsley or Earl Watson will start tonight at Orlando if Williams can't go.
Without Williams, the Jazz gave up an 8-0 run to the Heat to begin the second half Saturday, a Miami run that turned a four-point halftime game into a rout.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- No. 18 BYU expecting 'difficult, volatile'...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest rivalry...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 49
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39