Utah Jazz: Mo Williams injures right thumb against Miami
MIAMI — Mo Williams didn't play the second half of the Utah Jazz's 105-89 blowout loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday after suffering an injury.
And the Jazz's starting point guard is hoping the injury isn't any more serious than the current diagnosis of being a sprained right thumb. He'll have an MRI taken on this thumb — either in Orlando or in Salt Lake City — to determine the severity.
"It's going back to the feeling I had when I tore it (in 2008). It’s the same feeling," a dejected Williams said. "I'm just crossing my fingers that the MRI is negative."
Williams said this issue isn't related to the injury he dealt with earlier this season. He required offseason surgery to repair a torn ligament in this thumb in 2008.
The 30-year-old playmaker said he got hurt in the first half when he swiped at the ball and hit Mario Chalmers' leg.
"It was just a throbbing feeling after that," he said.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin wouldn't specify whether Jamaal Tinsley or Earl Watson will start tonight at Orlando if Williams can't go.
Without Williams, the Jazz gave up an 8-0 run to the Heat to begin the second half Saturday, a Miami run that turned a four-point halftime game into a rout.
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- Jimmer & Jimbo: As one pursues a steady role,...
- Lone Peak guard Frank Jackson drops...
- The Cougars and their coach's ’stache...
- Stewart has brought back an identity —...
- Penn State defeats Stanford, will meet BYU...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- BYU focusing on bowl game while players'...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 59
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 44
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 39
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31