Utah Jazz: Mo Williams injures right thumb against Miami
MIAMI — Mo Williams didn't play the second half of the Utah Jazz's 105-89 blowout loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday after suffering an injury.
And the Jazz's starting point guard is hoping the injury isn't any more serious than the current diagnosis of being a sprained right thumb. He'll have an MRI taken on this thumb — either in Orlando or in Salt Lake City — to determine the severity.
"It's going back to the feeling I had when I tore it (in 2008). It’s the same feeling," a dejected Williams said. "I'm just crossing my fingers that the MRI is negative."
Williams said this issue isn't related to the injury he dealt with earlier this season. He required offseason surgery to repair a torn ligament in this thumb in 2008.
The 30-year-old playmaker said he got hurt in the first half when he swiped at the ball and hit Mario Chalmers' leg.
"It was just a throbbing feeling after that," he said.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin wouldn't specify whether Jamaal Tinsley or Earl Watson will start tonight at Orlando if Williams can't go.
Without Williams, the Jazz gave up an 8-0 run to the Heat to begin the second half Saturday, a Miami run that turned a four-point halftime game into a rout.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 56
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 54
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39