Utah State men's basketball: Aggies put away UC Davis, 73-61
With the game tied at 46 with 15 minutes remaining, the Utah State Aggies put their foot on the gas pedal and ran the score up to a 12-point lead.
Ultimately, visiting UC Davis had no match for Aggies guard Preston Medlin, who helped his team to a 73-61 victory in the Spectrum.
Medlin finished with a game-high 23 points and four assists. Utah State made 12 of 22 3-pointers, shooting 54 percent from beyond the arc.
UC Davis had three players in double digits and shot 46 percent from the field, but was not able to withstand the late push by the Aggies.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 78
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26