Utah State men's basketball: Aggies put away UC Davis, 73-61
With the game tied at 46 with 15 minutes remaining, the Utah State Aggies put their foot on the gas pedal and ran the score up to a 12-point lead.
Ultimately, visiting UC Davis had no match for Aggies guard Preston Medlin, who helped his team to a 73-61 victory in the Spectrum.
Medlin finished with a game-high 23 points and four assists. Utah State made 12 of 22 3-pointers, shooting 54 percent from beyond the arc.
UC Davis had three players in double digits and shot 46 percent from the field, but was not able to withstand the late push by the Aggies.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26