Utah State men's basketball: Aggies put away UC Davis, 73-61
With the game tied at 46 with 15 minutes remaining, the Utah State Aggies put their foot on the gas pedal and ran the score up to a 12-point lead.
Ultimately, visiting UC Davis had no match for Aggies guard Preston Medlin, who helped his team to a 73-61 victory in the Spectrum.
Medlin finished with a game-high 23 points and four assists. Utah State made 12 of 22 3-pointers, shooting 54 percent from beyond the arc.
UC Davis had three players in double digits and shot 46 percent from the field, but was not able to withstand the late push by the Aggies.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27