Utah State men's basketball: Aggies put away UC Davis, 73-61
With the game tied at 46 with 15 minutes remaining, the Utah State Aggies put their foot on the gas pedal and ran the score up to a 12-point lead.
Ultimately, visiting UC Davis had no match for Aggies guard Preston Medlin, who helped his team to a 73-61 victory in the Spectrum.
Medlin finished with a game-high 23 points and four assists. Utah State made 12 of 22 3-pointers, shooting 54 percent from beyond the arc.
UC Davis had three players in double digits and shot 46 percent from the field, but was not able to withstand the late push by the Aggies.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48