Utah State men's basketball: Aggies put away UC Davis, 73-61
With the game tied at 46 with 15 minutes remaining, the Utah State Aggies put their foot on the gas pedal and ran the score up to a 12-point lead.
Ultimately, visiting UC Davis had no match for Aggies guard Preston Medlin, who helped his team to a 73-61 victory in the Spectrum.
Medlin finished with a game-high 23 points and four assists. Utah State made 12 of 22 3-pointers, shooting 54 percent from beyond the arc.
UC Davis had three players in double digits and shot 46 percent from the field, but was not able to withstand the late push by the Aggies.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 142
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16