Police release name of man shot by officer in Taylorsville
TAYLORSVILLE — The name of a man shot and killed by police Thursday has been released.
Jose Luis Rodriquez-Castro, 32, was shot and killed by a Unified police officer Thursday morning in the parking lot at the Department of Workforce Services, 5735 S. Redwood Road. Castro was in the process of attacking his girlfriend, holding her against her will with a knife inside an SUV, when the officer found them, according to police.
After ignoring several commands to drop the weapon, Castro was shot.
The officer was placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation. Sheriff Jim Winder, however, said all indications were the officer's actions may have saved the woman's life.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 117
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 24
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12