Police release name of man shot by officer in Taylorsville
TAYLORSVILLE — The name of a man shot and killed by police Thursday has been released.
Jose Luis Rodriquez-Castro, 32, was shot and killed by a Unified police officer Thursday morning in the parking lot at the Department of Workforce Services, 5735 S. Redwood Road. Castro was in the process of attacking his girlfriend, holding her against her will with a knife inside an SUV, when the officer found them, according to police.
After ignoring several commands to drop the weapon, Castro was shot.
The officer was placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation. Sheriff Jim Winder, however, said all indications were the officer's actions may have saved the woman's life.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22