SALT LAKE CITY — The State Tax Commission has announced changes this year for Utah individual income taxes.
The form TC-40 is now three pages instead of two, as more information is needed to process the Utah return for those who use it.
The Utah law defining domicile or residency has changed. Also, an additional exemption for a dependent with a disability may be used in the calculation of the Taxpayer Tax Credit.
New credits include capital gains on the sale of gold and silver coins, the Recycling Market Development Zone Credit, and the Veteran Employment Tax Credit, a new credit for hiring a qualified recently deployed veteran.
In addition, the Credit for Increasing Research Activities in Utah has been reduced to 7.5 percent.
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Taking back family dinner: A healthy,...
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing...
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 30
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 13
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 11
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 9
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 9
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong... 6
- IRS probe ignored most influential... 5