SALT LAKE CITY — The State Tax Commission has announced changes this year for Utah individual income taxes.
The form TC-40 is now three pages instead of two, as more information is needed to process the Utah return for those who use it.
The Utah law defining domicile or residency has changed. Also, an additional exemption for a dependent with a disability may be used in the calculation of the Taxpayer Tax Credit.
New credits include capital gains on the sale of gold and silver coins, the Recycling Market Development Zone Credit, and the Veteran Employment Tax Credit, a new credit for hiring a qualified recently deployed veteran.
In addition, the Credit for Increasing Research Activities in Utah has been reduced to 7.5 percent.
- Lehi-based Vivint debuts innovation facility
- Dave Ramsey says: Keep expectations clear...
- UTA seeks to hire bus drivers, other workers
- Fire exposes illegal Chinese factories in Italy
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination law...
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the workplace....
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales, profit
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 7
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales,... 3
- Another year, another small Social... 2
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 2
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 2
- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen says... 1
- Utah jobless rate stays steady at 3.5... 1