SALT LAKE CITY — The State Tax Commission has announced changes this year for Utah individual income taxes.
The form TC-40 is now three pages instead of two, as more information is needed to process the Utah return for those who use it.
The Utah law defining domicile or residency has changed. Also, an additional exemption for a dependent with a disability may be used in the calculation of the Taxpayer Tax Credit.
New credits include capital gains on the sale of gold and silver coins, the Recycling Market Development Zone Credit, and the Veteran Employment Tax Credit, a new credit for hiring a qualified recently deployed veteran.
In addition, the Credit for Increasing Research Activities in Utah has been reduced to 7.5 percent.
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- What are people gifting this year? Data from...
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral?
- Low gas prices are great, but could be...
- Guaranteeing results: College sees small, big...
- Selling gold, precious metals part of...
- More 'Help Wanted' signs up at small businesses
- BBC exposes inhumane working conditions... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Survey finds fewer women working now... 5
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral? 3
- Low gas prices are great, but could be... 3
- US home sales dropped sharply in November 1
- US consumer spending up solid 0.6 pct.... 1
- Guaranteeing results: College sees... 1