SALT LAKE CITY — The State Tax Commission has announced changes this year for Utah individual income taxes.
The form TC-40 is now three pages instead of two, as more information is needed to process the Utah return for those who use it.
The Utah law defining domicile or residency has changed. Also, an additional exemption for a dependent with a disability may be used in the calculation of the Taxpayer Tax Credit.
New credits include capital gains on the sale of gold and silver coins, the Recycling Market Development Zone Credit, and the Veteran Employment Tax Credit, a new credit for hiring a qualified recently deployed veteran.
In addition, the Credit for Increasing Research Activities in Utah has been reduced to 7.5 percent.
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last year
- New solar energy project at Utah Olympic Oval...
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 10
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 6
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Future of Draper Park School building... 4
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 3
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over... 2