SALT LAKE CITY — The State Tax Commission has announced changes this year for Utah individual income taxes.
The form TC-40 is now three pages instead of two, as more information is needed to process the Utah return for those who use it.
The Utah law defining domicile or residency has changed. Also, an additional exemption for a dependent with a disability may be used in the calculation of the Taxpayer Tax Credit.
New credits include capital gains on the sale of gold and silver coins, the Recycling Market Development Zone Credit, and the Veteran Employment Tax Credit, a new credit for hiring a qualified recently deployed veteran.
In addition, the Credit for Increasing Research Activities in Utah has been reduced to 7.5 percent.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- 4 charged in year-long copper thefts at Utah...
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Children's museum celebrates 35 years of play
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 26
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4