Man charged in theft of 47 books, DVDs from library
SALT LAKE CITY — A 60-year-old man is in jail after police say he tried to take 47 books and CDs from the Salt Lake City Main Library.
Alan Henry Chock, of Salt Lake City, is charged with possession of a controlled substance, a third-degree felony, and library theft, a class A misdemeanor, according to charges filed Thursday in 3rd District Court.
According the the charges, a library patron alerted security that a man was attempting to leave with library property concealed in his coat. The security guard stopped Chock and found he had filled his coat pockets with 47 books and DVDs, valued at $610.
Arresting officers also found a bag of methamphetamine in Chock's pocket as he was booked into Salt Lake County Jail. He is being held on $5,000 bail.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18