Man charged in theft of 47 books, DVDs from library
SALT LAKE CITY — A 60-year-old man is in jail after police say he tried to take 47 books and CDs from the Salt Lake City Main Library.
Alan Henry Chock, of Salt Lake City, is charged with possession of a controlled substance, a third-degree felony, and library theft, a class A misdemeanor, according to charges filed Thursday in 3rd District Court.
According the the charges, a library patron alerted security that a man was attempting to leave with library property concealed in his coat. The security guard stopped Chock and found he had filled his coat pockets with 47 books and DVDs, valued at $610.
Arresting officers also found a bag of methamphetamine in Chock's pocket as he was booked into Salt Lake County Jail. He is being held on $5,000 bail.
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 15