Woman charged in plotting robbery of West Jordan man
SALT LAKE CITY — A West Jordan woman has been charged with conspiracy to commit burglary in connection with the August death of Justen LeFave.
Abegail Jennings, 35, is charged with conspiracy to commit burglary, a third-degree felony, according to charges filed Thursday in 3rd District Court.
According to the charges, Jennings knew LeFave from living in the same apartment complex and had conspired with a man and two other women to steal marijuana LeFave allegedly sold. The attempt failed three days before LeFave was killed, according to the charges.
Jennings is accused of plotting to rob LeFave on Aug. 23 with Gabriel Gurule, who was arrested in November for investigation of aggravated homicide. LeFave was killed in his apartment, 6999 S. State, on the morning of Aug. 26.
Jennings had been told by Gurule to text him when LeFave fell asleep on Aug. 23, using a phone Gurule had provided, and had texted him to let him know she had arrived. Jennings had also agreed to open the door for Gurule, charges state.
Instead, Jennings and LeFave stayed awake talking until Jennings eventually left, according to the charges. Jennings called Gurule to come pick her up, explaining that LeFave hadn't gone to sleep.
Two women, Alexis Hughes and Amy Rowley, also have been arrested in connection with the homicide, as has Anthony Martinez, who is accused of helping to drive the group to LeFave's home.
Police said Hughes and Rowley knocked on LeFave's door just before 5:30 a.m. Aug. 26 asking for directions. Gurule then stepped out from behind them and shot LeFave in the neck, according to the charges.
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in hot car...
- Attorney general deciding whether to appeal...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Trial ordered for Cameo Crispi, accused of...
- Donations to North Salt Lake family displaced...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 42
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 35
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 26
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 21