SALT LAKE CITY — A West Jordan woman has been charged with conspiracy to commit burglary in connection with the August death of Justen LeFave.
Abegail Jennings, 35, is charged with conspiracy to commit burglary, a third-degree felony, according to charges filed Thursday in 3rd District Court.
According to the charges, Jennings knew LeFave from living in the same apartment complex and had conspired with a man and two other women to steal marijuana LeFave allegedly sold. The attempt failed three days before LeFave was killed, according to the charges.
Jennings is accused of plotting to rob LeFave on Aug. 23 with Gabriel Gurule, who was arrested in November for investigation of aggravated homicide. LeFave was killed in his apartment, 6999 S. State, on the morning of Aug. 26.
Jennings had been told by Gurule to text him when LeFave fell asleep on Aug. 23, using a phone Gurule had provided, and had texted him to let him know she had arrived. Jennings had also agreed to open the door for Gurule, charges state.
Instead, Jennings and LeFave stayed awake talking until Jennings eventually left, according to the charges. Jennings called Gurule to come pick her up, explaining that LeFave hadn't gone to sleep.
Two women, Alexis Hughes and Amy Rowley, also have been arrested in connection with the homicide, as has Anthony Martinez, who is accused of helping to drive the group to LeFave's home.
Police said Hughes and Rowley knocked on LeFave's door just before 5:30 a.m. Aug. 26 asking for directions. Gurule then stepped out from behind them and shot LeFave in the neck, according to the charges.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Utah too dependent on federal dollars, state...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 27
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 16
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 15
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15