15-year-old implicated in 29 criminal mischief cases in Provo
PROVO — A joint investigation by Provo and BYU police led to the discovery that a 15-year-old may be responsible for 29 incidents of smashed car windows and damaged mailboxes.
While damage done Sunday and Monday was concentrated in eastern neighborhoods, other incidents of criminal mischief were reported through north and south Provo, police said.
Police seized two baseball bats and a BB gun as part of the investigation. Police expect to name additional suspects in connection with the crimes.
"These juveniles went on a criminal spree costing the citizens of Provo thousands of dollars," Provo Police Chief Rick Gregory said.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14