PROVO — A joint investigation by Provo and BYU police led to the discovery that a 15-year-old may be responsible for 29 incidents of smashed car windows and damaged mailboxes.
While damage done Sunday and Monday was concentrated in eastern neighborhoods, other incidents of criminal mischief were reported through north and south Provo, police said.
Police seized two baseball bats and a BB gun as part of the investigation. Police expect to name additional suspects in connection with the crimes.
"These juveniles went on a criminal spree costing the citizens of Provo thousands of dollars," Provo Police Chief Rick Gregory said.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- Was deal in City Creek shooting plot yanked...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 22