15-year-old implicated in 29 criminal mischief cases in Provo
PROVO — A joint investigation by Provo and BYU police led to the discovery that a 15-year-old may be responsible for 29 incidents of smashed car windows and damaged mailboxes.
While damage done Sunday and Monday was concentrated in eastern neighborhoods, other incidents of criminal mischief were reported through north and south Provo, police said.
Police seized two baseball bats and a BB gun as part of the investigation. Police expect to name additional suspects in connection with the crimes.
"These juveniles went on a criminal spree costing the citizens of Provo thousands of dollars," Provo Police Chief Rick Gregory said.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 160
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17