15-year-old implicated in 29 criminal mischief cases in Provo
PROVO — A joint investigation by Provo and BYU police led to the discovery that a 15-year-old may be responsible for 29 incidents of smashed car windows and damaged mailboxes.
While damage done Sunday and Monday was concentrated in eastern neighborhoods, other incidents of criminal mischief were reported through north and south Provo, police said.
Police seized two baseball bats and a BB gun as part of the investigation. Police expect to name additional suspects in connection with the crimes.
"These juveniles went on a criminal spree costing the citizens of Provo thousands of dollars," Provo Police Chief Rick Gregory said.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13