PROVO — A joint investigation by Provo and BYU police led to the discovery that a 15-year-old may be responsible for 29 incidents of smashed car windows and damaged mailboxes.
While damage done Sunday and Monday was concentrated in eastern neighborhoods, other incidents of criminal mischief were reported through north and south Provo, police said.
Police seized two baseball bats and a BB gun as part of the investigation. Police expect to name additional suspects in connection with the crimes.
"These juveniles went on a criminal spree costing the citizens of Provo thousands of dollars," Provo Police Chief Rick Gregory said.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Two cyclists killed after Lehi accident
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on...
- Alleged mastermind in sex trafficking ring...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 23
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 17