Police identify woman who died near Enterprise Reservoir
ENTERPRISE, Washington County — Police have identified the woman who died when the vehicle she was in became stranded overnight Tuesday in the snow on Shoal Creek Road, south of Enterprise Reservoir.
Darlene Dietrich was found deceased about three miles north of the vehicle, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Office. A second occupant in the vehicle, Michael Meunier, was found by snowmobilers near Enterprise Reservoir.
No further information about the individuals was made available by police Thursday.
The sheriff's office received a call Wednesday about the missing vehicle and two passengers who had become stranded headed north on the remote dirt road late Tuesday night.
The area was accessible only by snowmobile during the search because of heavy snowfall, police said.
Police are treating the incident as an accident.
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- University of Utah student in critical...
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- Provo man killed brother-in-law in...
- Utah man who founded first KFC dies at 95
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's...
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells BYU...
- Romney, Lee take to the airwaves to... 63
- Sen. Mike Lee: Congress needs to remind... 55
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 46
- Woman wears colander for driver's... 35
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Former presidential candidate Mitt... 32
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 20