Police identify woman who died near Enterprise Reservoir
ENTERPRISE, Washington County — Police have identified the woman who died when the vehicle she was in became stranded overnight Tuesday in the snow on Shoal Creek Road, south of Enterprise Reservoir.
Darlene Dietrich was found deceased about three miles north of the vehicle, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Office. A second occupant in the vehicle, Michael Meunier, was found by snowmobilers near Enterprise Reservoir.
No further information about the individuals was made available by police Thursday.
The sheriff's office received a call Wednesday about the missing vehicle and two passengers who had become stranded headed north on the remote dirt road late Tuesday night.
The area was accessible only by snowmobile during the search because of heavy snowfall, police said.
Police are treating the incident as an accident.
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Students dress in Sunday best to honor young...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School District...
- Veterans Day 'mystery soldier' not anonymous...
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Woman killed in Eagle Mountain concrete accident
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 60
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 32
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 26
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 19
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18