Police identify woman who died near Enterprise Reservoir
ENTERPRISE, Washington County — Police have identified the woman who died when the vehicle she was in became stranded overnight Tuesday in the snow on Shoal Creek Road, south of Enterprise Reservoir.
Darlene Dietrich was found deceased about three miles north of the vehicle, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Office. A second occupant in the vehicle, Michael Meunier, was found by snowmobilers near Enterprise Reservoir.
No further information about the individuals was made available by police Thursday.
The sheriff's office received a call Wednesday about the missing vehicle and two passengers who had become stranded headed north on the remote dirt road late Tuesday night.
The area was accessible only by snowmobile during the search because of heavy snowfall, police said.
Police are treating the incident as an accident.
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- 20-year-old woman killed after car veers off...
- Skiers celebrate snow and opening of Park...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with police...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 49
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 28
- Teen in Springville family found dead... 18
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Firing squads could be legal again in Utah 16