Children tribute: Alex Boye, along with many of his friends, performs “‘Lord Have Mercy’: a Tribute Song For Sandy Hook Elementary (Newtown).” He explains: “Here is my tribute to the dear angels and their teachers who were gone too soon. Please share with your friends and family and donate whatever you can on the video description link. All proceeds to this song goes to the Emilie Parker Fund.” Wow. Check it out.
Christmas message: I love how this begins with a cheerful cacophony of children and parents working to settle down to listen to the Christmas story. And then, with a clap (or two) it begins. Watch and listen to “The Story of Jesus’ Birth” as told by myriad Mormon families — parents, kids and grandparents. I love the whole framing and I love the cheery background music. Click in to enjoy.
Prayer request: “Pray for Sister McKee in Tennessee” pleads this blogger. Why? After finding out that her daughter was headed to Tennessee on her church mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Mormon Soprano went looking for “every tidbit of info we can find about the mission.” In doing so, they came upon the news that “On Thanksgiving week, Sister RaNae McKee suffered an undiagnosed stroke and an undiagnosed heart attack. She had emergency surgery that weekend, suffered an additional bleeding stroke, and miraculously survived. She has been hospitalized in critical condition in the ICU for the past 28 days and counting.” Click in to see the ways you can your send prayers and well wishes.
Gift ideas: “Still looking for ideas of gifts to give neighbors and coworkers? How about something from your food storage? Here's a roundup of food storage-friendly gift ideas from over the past few years,” courtesy of the Safely Gathered In blog. Ideas include peanut brittle, wheat grass, fudge and even coal — aka charcoal briquettes. Check it out.
Bloggernacle: Sandy Hook Tribute Music Video by Alex Boye
Alex Boye teams up to produce a new music video as a tribute to the Sandy Hook victims. All proceeds go to the Emilie Parker Fund.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is the world's oldest Quran older than Muhammad?
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Overcoming drugs, alcohol, pornography:...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Mormon Channel releases gritty videos of real...
- ... 37
- Obama bristles at anti-Semitism charges... 14
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins... 8
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 7
- Mormon Channel releases gritty videos... 7
- 14 things you’ll find in Donald... 6
- Overcoming drugs, alcohol, pornography:... 5