Man arrested in connection with West Valley City shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man wanted in connection with a recent shooting has been arrested by police.
An arrest warrant was issued Dec. 14 for Stacey Renod Wesley, 24, of Las Vegas, out of 3rd District Court for attempted murder, a first-degree felony, as well as aggravated assault and six counts of illegally discharging a firearm, all third-degree felonies. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Wednesday.
Investigators say Wesley knocked on several doors at a four-unit apartment complex at 1915 W. 3300 South on Nov. 25, looking for a certain man. One woman said Wesley kept "pulling out a gun" while asking where the man's mother lived, according to charging documents.
When he reached the mother's apartment, Wesley started arguing with the woman at the door when she said her son was not there, the charges state. The woman told police she did not know the man.
When Wesley pulled out a handgun, the woman locked the door and ran. Investigators say Wesley then opened fire on the woman's door. Multiple bullet holes were found in the ceiling and windows, court documents state. More than 20 shell casings were collected.
No one was injured inside the apartment. Investigators said three of the woman's grandchildren were inside at the time.
Court documents also say the shell casings at the scene matched shell casings found on Nov. 23, though the court records do not give any detail about what kind of incident police responded to on that date.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Mike Powell said Thursday that Wesley was being looked at as possibly being involved in other recent shootings in the city.
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Second student sues district over teacher's...
- Clearfield man intentionally punched woman...
- Slain Brigham City mom remembered as loving,...
- LDS Church, other religions urge... 102
- Married lesbian couple sues Utah to be... 65
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 23
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 21
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20