Man arrested in connection with West Valley City shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man wanted in connection with a recent shooting has been arrested by police.
An arrest warrant was issued Dec. 14 for Stacey Renod Wesley, 24, of Las Vegas, out of 3rd District Court for attempted murder, a first-degree felony, as well as aggravated assault and six counts of illegally discharging a firearm, all third-degree felonies. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Wednesday.
Investigators say Wesley knocked on several doors at a four-unit apartment complex at 1915 W. 3300 South on Nov. 25, looking for a certain man. One woman said Wesley kept "pulling out a gun" while asking where the man's mother lived, according to charging documents.
When he reached the mother's apartment, Wesley started arguing with the woman at the door when she said her son was not there, the charges state. The woman told police she did not know the man.
When Wesley pulled out a handgun, the woman locked the door and ran. Investigators say Wesley then opened fire on the woman's door. Multiple bullet holes were found in the ceiling and windows, court documents state. More than 20 shell casings were collected.
No one was injured inside the apartment. Investigators said three of the woman's grandchildren were inside at the time.
Court documents also say the shell casings at the scene matched shell casings found on Nov. 23, though the court records do not give any detail about what kind of incident police responded to on that date.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Mike Powell said Thursday that Wesley was being looked at as possibly being involved in other recent shootings in the city.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20