Man arrested in connection with West Valley City shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man wanted in connection with a recent shooting has been arrested by police.
An arrest warrant was issued Dec. 14 for Stacey Renod Wesley, 24, of Las Vegas, out of 3rd District Court for attempted murder, a first-degree felony, as well as aggravated assault and six counts of illegally discharging a firearm, all third-degree felonies. He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Wednesday.
Investigators say Wesley knocked on several doors at a four-unit apartment complex at 1915 W. 3300 South on Nov. 25, looking for a certain man. One woman said Wesley kept "pulling out a gun" while asking where the man's mother lived, according to charging documents.
When he reached the mother's apartment, Wesley started arguing with the woman at the door when she said her son was not there, the charges state. The woman told police she did not know the man.
When Wesley pulled out a handgun, the woman locked the door and ran. Investigators say Wesley then opened fire on the woman's door. Multiple bullet holes were found in the ceiling and windows, court documents state. More than 20 shell casings were collected.
No one was injured inside the apartment. Investigators said three of the woman's grandchildren were inside at the time.
Court documents also say the shell casings at the scene matched shell casings found on Nov. 23, though the court records do not give any detail about what kind of incident police responded to on that date.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Mike Powell said Thursday that Wesley was being looked at as possibly being involved in other recent shootings in the city.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Utah County teen made bomb threat, other...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 41
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 33
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22