Woman killed when vehicle rear-ends dump truck in West Jordan
Ravell Call, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — A 28-year-old woman was killed Thursday after her vehicle ran into the back of a dump truck.
The accident happened just after 11 a.m. near 3150 W. 7000 South. A dump truck was waiting to turn left at the intersection when it was rear-ended by an SUV for an unknown reason, according to West Jordan police.
The woman driving the SUV was declared dead at the scene. A 43-year-old male passenger was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries, according to police. The driver of the large truck was not injured.
Names of the victims were not released pending notification of family members. An investigation into the cause of the accident — including whether the female driver was impaired or distracted — was being conducted Thursday.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- 10-year-old honored for saving little brother
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 84
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16