Woman killed when vehicle rear-ends dump truck in West Jordan
Ravell Call, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — A 28-year-old woman was killed Thursday after her vehicle ran into the back of a dump truck.
The accident happened just after 11 a.m. near 3150 W. 7000 South. A dump truck was waiting to turn left at the intersection when it was rear-ended by an SUV for an unknown reason, according to West Jordan police.
The woman driving the SUV was declared dead at the scene. A 43-year-old male passenger was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries, according to police. The driver of the large truck was not injured.
Names of the victims were not released pending notification of family members. An investigation into the cause of the accident — including whether the female driver was impaired or distracted — was being conducted Thursday.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 37
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 32
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 12
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8