Woman killed when vehicle rear-ends dump truck in West Jordan
Ravell Call, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — A 28-year-old woman was killed Thursday after her vehicle ran into the back of a dump truck.
The accident happened just after 11 a.m. near 3150 W. 7000 South. A dump truck was waiting to turn left at the intersection when it was rear-ended by an SUV for an unknown reason, according to West Jordan police.
The woman driving the SUV was declared dead at the scene. A 43-year-old male passenger was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries, according to police. The driver of the large truck was not injured.
Names of the victims were not released pending notification of family members. An investigation into the cause of the accident — including whether the female driver was impaired or distracted — was being conducted Thursday.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Granite School District reminds teachers of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Bingham High students walk out over... 96
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 28
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 16