Woman killed when vehicle rear-ends dump truck in West Jordan
Ravell Call, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — A 28-year-old woman was killed Thursday after her vehicle ran into the back of a dump truck.
The accident happened just after 11 a.m. near 3150 W. 7000 South. A dump truck was waiting to turn left at the intersection when it was rear-ended by an SUV for an unknown reason, according to West Jordan police.
The woman driving the SUV was declared dead at the scene. A 43-year-old male passenger was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries, according to police. The driver of the large truck was not injured.
Names of the victims were not released pending notification of family members. An investigation into the cause of the accident — including whether the female driver was impaired or distracted — was being conducted Thursday.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11