Woman killed when vehicle rear-ends dump truck in West Jordan
Ravell Call, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — A 28-year-old woman was killed Thursday after her vehicle ran into the back of a dump truck.
The accident happened just after 11 a.m. near 3150 W. 7000 South. A dump truck was waiting to turn left at the intersection when it was rear-ended by an SUV for an unknown reason, according to West Jordan police.
The woman driving the SUV was declared dead at the scene. A 43-year-old male passenger was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries, according to police. The driver of the large truck was not injured.
Names of the victims were not released pending notification of family members. An investigation into the cause of the accident — including whether the female driver was impaired or distracted — was being conducted Thursday.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 69
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 47
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13